Calibration Process

I just got through a very frustrating time with my printer. I wanted to improve print quality, so I decided to follow the calibration instructions provided by Michael Laws of Teaching Tech. Unfortunately, at the end of it I wound up with a calibration cube that was far worse in quality than one generated through the factory default settings in the same material. (The cube on the left is the best I could get through the process, and the cube on the right is after a reset to factory defaults in Marlin.)

Is there a particular calibration process that you use for your Snapmaker Originals to get them in the best shape possible?

I’ve been very happy with the factory defaults. Well, everything but the nozzle distance calibration. I usually print a 0.05mm thick 100mm^s sheet anytime I mess with the print head, and adjust the calibration points using that.

I did run through 3D Print Guide, and I ended up not changing anything (other than printing a temp tower everytime I change filament). I tried to calibrate the E stops, and got inconsistent results. Even without changing the M92 E## values, multiple runs of the test gave different results. The print results look fine, so I must be doing something wrong.