Available Now: New post-processor, tool library, machine configurations, for Fusion 360

Any plans to add the Artisan to the list of machines?

1 Like

Hi there,

I do not have (and will not have ) an Artisan while my Snapmaker 2.0 keeps performing as it does. And I suspect this will remain valid for many years…

Being so, I am very limited in what I can do about a machine I don’t own…

Anyway, it doesn’t mean I can’t add it to the list. I just can’t test nothing… It seems that some Artisan users have tested the post processor without problems, so… All I would need to add the Artisan to the machine library would be an awesome nice user that would provide me all the need info, and would be able to test it after the addition to make it available for all of us.

Do we have a deal? :wink:

1 Like

I will be happy to help in anyway I can…just as soon as mine gets delivered. :wink:

1 Like

I have my Artisan already here. What do you need for creating a profile?

Artisan owner here as well. I’m just starting to deep dive into the CNC module and have the same request as above. FYI, super appreciate your work - it’s what makes the world wide web go round.

I’m currently CADing a dummy model of the machine just to better orient myself in space while in the Manufacture setup of Fusion. I created a machine in the library with the most basic info, but it was based on an “Autodesk generic 3-axis”, so there’s a lot wrong (no build plate listed, no rotary axis, etc). It’s linked here if you’d like a starting place. Snapmaker Artisan.f3d.zip (803.1 KB)

That said, it seems yours were configured similarly. If you look at some of the machines in the current Fusion 360 library, there seems to be different configuration options (this may be the difference between old and updated machine creator, this predates my knowledge).

The menus are completely different if you copy an Autodesk machine vs a 3rd party. Autodesk has cool stuff like “capabilities”. 3rd party gets useful stuff like build size and linking a mesh:

This is where I’m at an impasse and hoping you could clarify. I’d like to link a 3D model/mesh of the Artisan to the machine, but I also want all the capabilities listed so I can get better gcode. What’s the system to get a machine configured and looking right?

@dreasi0n Following up on this for a different reason, and somehow read the entire thread before I realized I’d already read the entire thread.

I’m trying to use the rotary module with the Artisan in Fusion. As you said, neither the original nor your custom post-processor support the 4th axis. I can’t even tell Fusion that the A-axis (rotary) is on the table and spins about Y. Right now, it thinks it can only mill things vertically.

I’m sure there’s a world of trouble waiting for me after this basic orientation problem is fixed, but if you have any insight into how to solve that, I’d appreciate it.