Available Now: New post-processor, tool library, machine configurations, for Fusion 360

You are correct sir, that works now. Thank you.

1 Like

@dreasi0n , is your post processor set up to do rotary cnc milling or is it only set up for 3 axis milling?

Hi,

Only 3 axis milling…

Just came across this after being away from the forums for a while.
Great stuff indeed, thanks a bunch, @dreasi0n ! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you very much. It greatly speeds up the work
Collar lock ring is a great tool
My three regrets about a350t are:
Automatic tool setter
Locking vise
Vacuum suction cup

1 Like

Hi, I am trying to use these files for simulation on F360…

I get an error that the post processor is not compatible with simulation… please help?

Hi,

What do you mean by “simulation”? Do you want to view the 3D model of the Snapmaker machining your stuf?

Or you just want to to simulate the tool paths?

For the tool paths it should work. How did you download the files?
It’s a little bit tricky to download them in the correct way… I’ve already explained above how to do it. Please take a look on it. Link below.

Hi @dreasi0n, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am referring to [machine simulation.] feature per this link: (Understanding Machine Simulation Basics in Autodesk Fusion 360)

Maybe this is not possible with the current post code?

Cheers

Hi,

To do this you will need first a 3D model of the full snapmaker. Then you need to manipulate that 3D model to identify the fixed parts as well as what parts move with each axis of the machine…

I’be tried it and the post processor “should” work as I’ve had it running for some time but it caused me problems and slowed the CNC simulation procedure and I stopped chasing after it…

I believe that’s the main issue as there is nothing on the post processor (that I can remember) tho influence that.

The post processor is only used to convert the final instructions from Fusion360 to the Snapmaker gcode format…

Oh pity… would love to check for collision.

It’s doable…

But I ran into so many problems that I decided not to pursue it any longer…
To be fair, most of the collisions are happening when I’m in manual control… :laughing:

Cool, thanks - let us know if you do end up pursuing it!

Very nice work! Thank you for sharing.

One very important point in my opinion is “Move Z-Axis Up on Start” … Previously I changed it every time manually. Because I set the origin 0 mm on the top of my workpieces. If I did not change the g-code, the spindle turned on and scratches the surface. I always set G0 Z15.000 one step before M3 command line. So the spindle will lift up and starts then spinning. That prevents scratches on surface. What do you think. Is it possible or useful to exchange the order of this 2 command lines in cps?

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. That is a good idea. I can only see benefits, and there is no reason not to implement it…

There is one good and one bad news…
Bad news is that I’m currently away from home and can’t install Fusion 360 to test it.
Good news is that the changes are fairly simple and I’ve already implemented them.

Are you willing to test the new *.cps file and let us know if it outputs as expected before I commit the changes to the GitHub repository?
Ideally you can postprocess any of your files with the old post processor and then with the new one and check if the only difference is as your suggestion.
If so, here is the download link for it on my dropbox: SM2.0 (NrvO).cps

Let us know how it goes.

4 Likes

Hello,

wow, very quick response. Thank you!

Of cause I tried it immediately. And it works fine. Top job!!!

The toolhead lifts straight up and after reaching my 15 mm security level the spindle starts rotating.

I also activated the retract feed rate 6000 … Great for Fusion Free users. No SloMo movement any more. :upside_down_face:

I love this kind of community!

Great news!

I’ve just updated the file on GitHub repository and it’s now available to everyone.
Thank you for the suggestion and testing. I really appreciate it! :+1:

2 Likes

Hey @dreasi0n . I just tried your post processor. But when I got to starting the job, the module would be running but the mill bit would not turn for some reason. I ended up using the generic snapmaker processor and it was working. Just thought I would let you know.

Hi,

Could you please share the first lines of your gcode file so I can analyze it?
30 or 40 lines should be ok if you don’t want to send the complete file.

Thanks

2023/Jan./08 EDIT:
Just got back home and tried the post processor after the updates from last week and all is working as expected. Toolhead raises to safe heigth before spinning up the tool.
I recreated 3 tool paths from an ongoing project and double checked that the output was from the latest post processor and that it works. Machining went OK all the way and I now have spares for my project :wink:

@raven6503 I can think of a couple of situations where this still can happen. It would be great to see the begining of your *.cnc file to be able to support you better. 35 lines should be ok. The part needed is as below:

So, what can cause the problem?

1. If we select a low RPM in Fusion 360 for the tool it may be too low and the tool won’t spin;
  2. If we select the wrong spinning rotation (counterclockwise instead of clockwise) it won’t also work as Snapmaker doesn’t yet support it…

@dreasi0n Had a hard time finding the code file. I believe it was this one:

;Program
; → Name : 1001v2
;Machine
; → Vendor : Snapmaker
; → Vendor URL : http://www.snapmaker.com
; → Description : Snapmaker 2.0 Marlin
;Post-Processor
; → Author : Nuno Vaz Oliveira
; → Version : v20230104.1
; → Description : Milling post for Snapmaker 2.0v20230104.1, created by Nuno Vaz Oliveira

;Set units to millimeters
G21
;Set working units as absolute positioning system
G90

;Parameter “operation:tool_clockwise” read successfully with a value of CW
;Parameter “operation:retractHeight_value” read successfully with a value of 5
;
;Operation name: Adaptive1
G0 Z15.000
;Set tool speed to 5000RPM, or 42% in CW direction
M3 P42
;Dwell for 2 seconds to allow the spindle to spin up
G4 S2
G0 X-62.712 Y9.648 Z15.000
G0 X-62.712 Y9.648 Z15.000
G0 X-62.712 Y9.648 Z5.000
G0 X-62.712 Y9.648 Z-0.585
G1 X-62.712 Y9.648 Z-0.903 F1016
G1 X-62.706 Y9.643 Z-0.973 F1016
G1 X-62.687 Y9.629 Z-1.040 F1016
G1 X-62.656 Y9.607 Z-1.100 F1016
G1 X-62.615 Y9.578 Z-1.151 F1016
G1 X-62.566 Y9.543 Z-1.189 F1016
G1 X-62.512 Y9.504 Z-1.212 F1016
G1 X-62.454 Y9.462 Z-1.220 F1016
G1 X-62.272 Y9.339 Z-1.220 F1016
G1 X-62.081 Y9.227 Z-1.220 F1016

Hi there,

I’m unable to explain this… I’ve just tested your code and it does work from my side.
Checking the rotation speed from Luban itself I get 4900RPM

My SM2 A350T is on version 1.14.3_20220617 with controller on version 4.4.17

The gcode is fine as it should and P42 does actually is around 5000rpm.
Sorry that I can help but if I’m not able to reproduce it’s hard to do more.

Just 2 things:
First, with the machine stopped, go to luban workspace and on the console type:
M3 P42
This should make it run at 5000RPM
Then type
M1006
This will report you the RPM speed.
Please note letters must be upper case.

Second, when you run your next CNC program, after it finishes and you remove the part from it, change the gcode file and replace the line with the M3 or M3 P100 command with M3 P42 and save the file with another name, send it to the machine and run it again to let us know how it goes.

Maybe one of these gives us more information. :+1: