A350T and Raspberry PI/Octiprint Setup

Would like to do a real clean install using a Raspberry Pi. Would those of you that have done this be willing to share your setup? Pictures and decriptions would be very helpful.

Also, along the same lines, do you setup your Raspberry Pi to access WiFi, or do you use ethernet for more consistent connection?

Easier way is to burn a sdcard with Octopi. Octopi is one of the OS options in the Raspberry Pi Imager. I have the RPi4 connected to the SM with an USB cable. I connect to the Octoprint server from my computer by wifi. Once connected to Octoprint, if it is not printing, you still can use the SM handset to perform leveling or to change filament. I have not found any critical interference between them yet.

Waiting on delivery of my RPi4, I’ve printed this enclosure

I’ll be using this dual image install of Octopi and CNC.js

https://jeffeb3.github.io/v1pi/

I’m also going to design a webcam holder and base using a lockable/flexible dial indicator base such as this (mounted to the old touch screen mount on the machine base)

Pug

1 Like

I suppose you have no enclosure. It is a bad idea to put an RPi 4 in a hot environment. Most people uses a fan with the Model 4 as the processor chip gets really hot and above 70 C or so, it throttles.