Otcoprint for Raspberry

Curious is anyone is using this and if so any successes or issues they may have had?

I have a couple of Raspberrys that I could easily setup.

There are several threads in the forum:

The TL;DR appears to be ā€œgo for it!ā€

Setting up Octopi was super easy. Even the webcam. It may just be me, but I find printing from it so much easier than Cura or Snapmaker.

1 Like

Other slicers work well with it too, although it is a two-step process: slice to a gcode file and then upload the file to the OctoPi. I use Simplify3D. I keep my Snapmaker in a spare bedroom with the door closed (mainly to keep cats out), so itā€™s really nice to be able to see the progress over the webcam and in the gcode visualizer. I do babysit the print for the first layer or two just to make sure everything sticks, but then I can just leave it alone.

1 Like

Lol. Still run down and check it once in a while. Trust level isnā€™t to that point yet with the Snapmaker. :frowning:

1080p IR video really helps

I have been using it for the past year and find it very good, however I upload gcode to it and not using the built in slicers. I also find the spool ,management and web cam integration aspects very handy and running Nautilus and plugin on my mobile to monitor and manage prints while away.

Itā€™s very flexible with lots of plugins and a fair bit of reading required to get it all working perfectly.

2 Likes

My camera only has 720. It was one I had sitting around collecting dust. lol

From what I have been reading thatā€™s what most folks do. Slice in something else and upload the gcode.