10W laser module issues

Hello

2 issues to report on my side:

#1 when you fire the laser and move the head, the spot beam stops! No very convenient to adjust starting point.
Keeps asking to put glasses on, very annoying!

#2 fan doesn’t spin, irrespective of power.

Cheers

I can confirm that on mine, the laser stays on and the fan spins up. I would suggest manually downloading the latest firmware here: Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates and Downloads and putting it on the USB drive. Then select the USB drive and update file from the file select menu to ensure the snapmaker, and the 10W module is fully up to date. If that doesn’t fix it, double check your cables to make sure they’re fully seated and in the correct direction (the 10W actually reverses direction vs the 1.6W module). Finally, contact support, as this might be a hardware issue with the module itself.

Appreciate the suggestions Skreelink. GPT and I are working with a prerelease build that includes the laser inline power additions recently merged - a freshly compiled version of the Github state at the moment.

This might be premature to be posting in the public forums at the moment as it could be the prelease firmware to blame.

Although, as I lack a 10W module if you wouldn’t mind helping troubleshoot some things it would be much appreciated. If you’re open let me know.

I had thought about manually compiling the latest for that very feature, I’ve just been too lazy, and the fact I haven’t tested lightburn since I know luban wouldn’t do the inline (and I don’t feel like trying to come up with gcode hacks currently).

I don’t mind helping out in any way I can, just let me know what I can do.

1 Like

I fixed the fan issue!
Design flaw due to too long screw…
It pushes the fan sideways!

3 Likes

Congrats on being the first to find a Snapmaker design flaw! :wink:

Although their parts supplier may have just messed up on the size.
QC not exactly their strong point.

-S

1 Like

It seems that with the new head M4x8 screws come, while the old were M4x10. So use the new screws, or you’re screwed :wink:

Quick question: is the fan itself not screwed to the heat sink? If so: How can it be pushed aside? if not: Why not??? If I’m not completely wrong the holes are there… Admittedly difficult to judge just from the image.