Windows 10 or MacOS Catalina?

Hi guys,
have you try on both Windows and Mac the Liban SW? What do you thing it’s the best platform to use?

I’ve still not been able to connect to terminal in MacOS Catlina on a MBP 2018+ all USB-C ports. It should connect out of the box apparently and doesn’t require CH340 drivers as they are inbuilt now in MacOS. However, doesn’t work either way for me.

No problems in Windows 10.

That’s really strange! Have you wrote to the support team?

I think the best option would be using e real (not fake!) FTDI chip instead the very cheap CH340.

You can download the CH340 first and see whether it works https://snapmaker.com/download/snapmaker2

It doesn’t work, have tried with and without, also have found the more recent guides with newer drivers as well. Although they do say drivers are not needed for Catalina.

So turns out it does work, so for MacOS Catalina.

DO NO INSTALL DRIVERS, they are built into MacOS now. See the following for removing:

The funny problem for me it turns out is it doesn’t work if I plug in the USB-C adapter with the SM already plugged in. I need to plug in the USB-C adapter first and then plug in the USB into the USB-C adapter. Need to wait for the USB-C adapter light to come on first and then put the other in. :man_shrugging: Also didn’t work when using a USB Hub.

Possibly just an issue with the design of this adapter. However, worth checking if you have a similar issue.

Great!
Can you please update after some tests? I’m curios to know if is there any difference using Luban on WIndos 10 or macOS

I only use Luban for terminal, shouldn’t be any difference, it’s a browser based app, so on both platforms it is really just running chromium.

Ok thanks Dojima!
Does anyone use else Luban on MacOS?