A350, Win11, No USB

I recently upgraded the PC that drives my A350. New CPU/Mobo etc and clean Win11 (might as well make the jump now).

Now cannot connect to my SM via USB (was working perfectly before).

I have the driver installed:

But Luban cant connect to either Com3 (where I think the connection is):

Or to COM1 either:

Physical connection is identical to before (when it was working). Support got me to upgrade the firmware of the printer (which made no difference) and are insisting its a cable or chipset issue (dont see how it is… port works fine with other devices and the cable hasnt been touched since it worked).

Anyone have ideas on whats wrong here? Wifi connection is fine and dandy but some things need USB.

My bet would be on the driver being borked—a CH340 USB<->serial converter chip, while not the rarest piece of kit, isn’t all that common either, so it’s quite possible that no other Win11 user has tested this. The support staff won’t be familiar with Win11 either.

Do you have something (Pi, old laptop . . .), with a different OS that you can plug in to verify that it isn’t the cable or the Snapmaker? Alternatively, you could try booting from Linux live media on a USB stick (make sure it has enough additional space on it to install Luban).

There’s several people on here who are using it with Win11 fine, I haven’t heard of this happening before. Uninstall reinstall?

Support guys had it working on 11 too, so it is definitely compatible.

I’ve uninstalled it many times… Don’t get it. If I see it in device manager (and i do) it should work.