WiFi issues, reconnect, unsaved wifi password

Hi,
i got the Snapmaker 350 last week, and i run in some issues, I report in other topics.

In here i run into problems with the wifi. After connecting the first time i was amazed regarding the functionality, but for now I’m kind of dissillusionated. I cant get this to reconnect.
First thing the snapmaker does not seam to store the wifi and does not reconnect, the second thing even if i try to reconnect, this currecntly does not work.

I’m using, Firmware version 1.8(latest) and DHCP within, I can even thange some configuration in the net if required, but i wonder why it had worked in the beginning.
I should mention that i made a firmware upgrade, from the delivered 1.7 Firmware to the 1.8.
Has somebody of you any idea to solve this?

Kinds
Wolf

Get the really latest firmware from the forum and try again, now we are at 1.9.x

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I will try this, thanks @xchrisd

Works like charm, with the new Firmware.
Thx

Hi, I have the same issue. My A350 can see my wifi but it doesn’t connect. It tries to but it seems to stop abruptly and go back to the list of available wifi connections. It worked flawless on my initial setup but since I have rebooted it, it has never worked. I have it currently updated to 1.10.0 but it still has this issue. I am sure it is the right password and the router is less than 4 feet away from the printer so connection isn’t the issue. I don’t know what I am doing wrong.

3 Likes

Same issue for me. I also tried to update to the latest version 1.10.1, without success.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m having a similar issue with my A250
V1.10.1 firmware

I can see my router and input the password. but then nothing happens after hitting save

I’ve had the A250 for a week now and I’m just having problems. The only thing that worked was a firmware update. All the latest Files !
I can connect to my WLAN network but the Luban SW only keeps the connection short and disconnects again. No chance to stay connected. I can only access the printer via the USB connection. I cannot execute Gcode over USB-Stick (correct formatted). Either errors or the heating bed and the nozzle are not heated. Is there already a solution ?
Luckily I still have my Anycubic Mega S which runs without problems from the beginning.

With the latest version of Luban, I also got connection issues and had to reconnect again before uploading gcode. Try a older version from the forum?

I would suggest you to make a own thread about your heating problems. I guess you know how gcode works because you already have a printer and you are getting on. - may you share your code in your own thread, please :wink:

Thx for the fast answer. I’ll try an older Version.
In the case of my hotendproblem it is solved.
My new!!! A250 had a defekt hotend plug or cable. I changed to a new one and, I’m very :blush:, all is OK.
But I am disappointed that the hotend was defective in an expensive device. Otherwise I am satisfied now. Thanks for the support.

1 Like

Some cases were reported that the machine cannot connect to Wi-Fi automatically after you reboot the machine.

Our software team has developed a beta version to improve the wifi connection.

Users who want to try this version, please send me some feedback.

Download link:
Snapmaker2_V255.0.0_20210423.bin.zip
Snapmaker2_V255.0.0_20210429.bin.zip

Cheers
Edwin

Hi Edwin -

I’m experiencing this after upgrading the firmware recently. I will try this fix and report back.

Fix doesn´t work for me @staff .
Please fix wifi problem.

1 Like

Interesting - this fix…may have worked for me? I can’t say for sure, but here are the steps I took to reproduce:

1. Turn on SM, verified that wifi was not connected.
  2. connect to wifi.
  3. turn machine off
  4. insert usb with the 20210429 firmware image from @Edwin
  5. Turn machine back on - machine was off for about 10-15 seconds.

Wifi automatically connected - but the about page still says I’m on firmware v.1.12.0_20120331 - so it didn’t apply the firmware on the USB - so that didn’t fix it.

Then I thought maybe it’s a matter of how long the machine is off. The problem usually happens overnight or when it’s off for several days. So I:

1. Turn off the machine, and remove the USB so it doesn’t update to 12.0429.
  2. Leave it off for about a minute, turn back on.

Result: Machine DID NOT connect to wifi.

Repeated:
Connect to wifi, turn off for about 30 seconds, and it DID connect to wifi - even though I hadn’t reconnected the last time it was on.
Then turned it off for 1 minute, and it DID connect to wifi.

So I don’t think it’s related to how long the machine is off. I’m going to try turning it off for a few hours to see if that lets me reproduce the issue before we try the new version.

Also have the problem with the Wifi on my A350.
Upgraded the firmware with the most recent, even used the firmware image 20210429.
Still doesn’t see my wifi signal.
It does see all my neighbours wifi signals.

I did a little experiment. I connected my A350 to my mobile Hotstop (wifi) on my mobilefoon.
I turn my wifi connection on and off, restarted my A350 a few times. It keep the connection.
But after about 30 min the connection was gone, i did literaly see the teh A350 losing the connection. It also was gone from de wifi list. The A350 could not see de wifi connection anymore, even after a restart.

I did a second experiment, i change my Home wifi name to see if the A350 would detect the new name of my wifi. But no, it did not see it.

Now my A350 can’t see 2 wifi connections anymore.
So there is something wrong in the wifi software, that ignores the configurated wifi setting all together.

Please fix this

1 Like

I too have issues after updating my Snapmaker A350 to the latest firmware. I was able to update my Snapmaker after powering it up by just using the “Auto-Update” menu on the touchscreen because it had already automatically connected to my Wifi, but ever since the update was finished my Snapmaker is no longer automatically connecting to WIFI. Of course I can always go the WIFI menu and manually connect to my network by selecting it an reentering my password but it makes the whole WIFI-feature even more cumbersome. On top of that it is no longer possible to immediately start printing files which I transferred with luban. After sending the File I have to disconnect and manually start the print via the touchscreen.
I hoped the WIFI-Transfer would have been streamlined and improved over the last couple of months and I am a little bit disappointed that things seem to have gotten worse.

Same issue with the WiFi and last fw!
Please Snapmaker fix this issue soon!

You can try to reset the screen. Some of our customers reported that reset will solve their wifi issue.
Reset the touchscreen:

1. Go to Settings → About machine.

2. Follow the below steps to enter the developer mode and reset.

Click Reset All.

1 Like

@WilliamBosacker then the question remains, why does mine have no issues remembering my WiFi? Connects every time without fail.

@WilliamBosacker agreed. Which is why I wish they would make the source code public. I guarantee it’s extremely simple to fix.