Why is iMakr (UK branch) such a rude company!

Ordered and paid for a Snapmaker Original and received an invoice for 2nd May. Tried to find out when I can expect a delivery. No response from the named person in an e-mail message. I had tried to use the web chat page on 26th April. A named person wrote to me in e-mail on the same date and I expressed my interest in buying a Snapmaker 3D printer. No response, despite the fact that person had written to me (presumably because my e-mail address was captured by the chat page).

The chat page on the website claims to be manned and yet there is no response. I have followed this sad dance on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and now Friday. Phone messages unanswered. e-mail unanswered. Facebook chat and my attempt to contact iMakr then a message from Facebook claiming that ā€œwe will get back to you ASAPā€ (after asking me yet again for my e-mail address, which is entered in every contact method by the client wishing to contact iMakr. No response to my requests yesterday and none today.

This is rude beyond reason. iMakr, the parent company, should look at their chosen agent in the UK because if that was my company reputation being based upon their rude non-performance thus far, then the whole company would be looking for new jobs. For now, I need a means of getting my money back as soon as possible and then I can use a competitor who actually believes in customer service.

Moderators, please forgive me posting this complaint here but I have no other means of having my complaint addressed. Thanks.

1 Like

Have you emailed support@snapmaker.com (@Rainie )

Thank you for your response Doug. I am fed up writing to support because it achieves nothing. No contact today means that I will open a legal case and get my money back. My underlying impression is that the London office are an indolent workforce with no interest in their customers. What does @Rainie mean and how would I (as a prospective new user) know anything about @Rainie?

The last message which I sent to support was yesterday in the early afternoon. verbatim:

To iMakr via contact page - "My invoice xxxxxxxx for order reference: xxxxxxxx - I am trying to understand when I can expect my delivery. Nobody is responding to web chat, e-mail enquiries or phone calls. Please respond to me via e-mail or phone (xxxxx xxxxxx) I consider it rude not to respond and I have requested this information over the past few days."

Todays message sent around 16:10. verbatim. "As you have no interest in me, I have no interest in your company. Refund my money and I will forget I ever tried to buy one of your products. Contact me on xxxxx xxxxxx to discuss."

1 Like

I ccā€™d @Rainie on your behalf. Rainie is a senior person in Snapmaker and listed in the admin group on the forum. Phoebe Lee is another. I understand your frustration. I am a user in Australia and I know they will attend to you. Snapmaker are a small and growing company so have a little patience

Take care and have a great weekend.

Doug

Thank you very much for your kindness Doug. I really appreciate you for having taken the time out to assist me in the manner that the staff of iMakr UK could not be bothered to undertake.

iMakr UK should pay you commission for trying to save their bacon in this sale.

I feel that the level of service is so lamentable and so very clearly off the rails that I have no desire to discover what other abuses the company wants to heap upon my head. I feel like a muppet for paying for the somewhat dubious privilege of being ignored by all of the staff at iMakr (UK).

Have a good weekend too Doug. Stay safe.

Kind regards,
Jeff

2 Likes

Hopefully Snapmaker will be touch with you soon. 2am here in Australiaā€¦ bed time is calling me.

take care and stay safe

Doug

oh BTW, I messaged Phoebe Lee on Facebook messenger to look at this thread and get in touch with you. As I said they are a small company and growing, also being in China they have been bogged down with the Covid Virus lockdown and many of them have had to work from home.

2 Likes

Goodnight Doug. Sorry to keep you awake. Thank you for contact Phoebe Lee too. If I were allowed out, I would fly to Oz and buy you a beer. :wave: As it os, you will have to make do with a virtual beer. :beer:

Kind regards,
Jeff

1 Like

Hi, Jepho
This is Phoebe from Snapmaker Team.
Firstly, I am sorry for the problem you ran into!
Unfortunately, it is now midnight here so I can not get in touch with our colleague. So, we will check the status for you tomorrow.
Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Best Regards,
Phoebe

5 Likes

Hello Poebe;
Thank you for getting in touch. I appreciate your intervention. Thus far I have considered my purchase of Snapmaker to be a mistake. As a customer I donā€™t expect anything other than to be treated with normal decency after spending my money with iMakr.

I will leave it in your good hands to find an effective solution which suits all parties concerned.

Kind regards,
Jepho

1 Like

Hi Jeff

I see that Phoebe contacted you. Hopefully the issue will be resolved in the days ahead.

Keep having fun.

Doug

1 Like

thank you Phoebe @hyeii , much appreciated

Doug

Hello Phoebeā€¦ today a short message from someone unnamed. verbatim:

"Hello Jeff. You should receive your order next week.Regards"

No word of apology. I have no confidence that this business will look after my interests if I have any problems with the machine. Please intervene on my behalf and secure me a refund in full. The distance selling laws in the UK mean that I am entitled to change my mind within two weeks of purchase and because the rudeness has continued, I choose to do so. Please inform your agents that I wish to have a refund. thank you.

my verbatim response to their message was this:
"Just refund my money please. Customer service is dreadful. No apologies for your ignorance? I wont buy your product. Under distance selling laws you have to refund my money. "

1 Like

Had some communication from the company and an effusive and full apology. It appears as if the matter is now being dealt with efficiently. Machine shipment expected shortly so I should have my Snapmaker in a couple of weeks. Thanks to Phoebe and Doug for their support.

2 Likes

Jeff

I am glad you have made progress. You will have a great time when you receive the Snapmaker and join the the many others who have fun. I am sure that Phoebe @hyeii can take some credit for monstering iMakrā€¦ @Rainie reckons she is a savage hahahahaha

Take care, stay safe and have a great week.

Doug

Hi, Iā€™ve been actually following this thread and itā€™s good to know that your problem has been taken care of. Thanks to Phoebe and Doug for their help. And also thank you for your patience and interest in our brand :grinning:
Feel free to stick around here on the forum. I am sure you will learn a great deal from other maker enthusiasts. There is also a Snapmaker facebook group you can join.

Thanks Doug. I am really looking forward to receiving the Snapmaker. By way of an apology; the company are adding a 1600mW laser cutting module to the package. Once I have the products sitting at home, I will thank Phoebe for her timely (savage) interventions. :open_mouth: :joy:

Thank you very much for your assistance Doug. I would still be floundering around if it was not for your help. Stay safe! A good week to you too.

Jeff

Hello JKC20; Thank you for the invitation to stick around. I will take a look at the facebook group too. Now that matters are progressing, I look forward to using Snapmaker. I am familiar with some software for design but not for 3D or CAD/CAM so I m looking forward to learning some new skills.

Kind regards & Stay Safe,
Jeff

I had an e-mail message from Ms Budu today and she was keen to keep my custom and told me when I can receive the Snapmaker. She also offered to add a 1600mW laser cutter to my purchase by way of apology. I am obliged to you for your timely and effective intervention. Thank you Pheobe.

Kind regards & Stay Safe
Jeff

1 Like

Hi, Jeff
It is really glad to hear that!
Thank you for your understanding and your patience! We really appreciate it!
Hope you enjoy making with Snapmaker, our Facebook groups welcome you too.
Group mainly for users of Snapmaker Original: https://www.facebook.com/groups/snapmaker/
Group mainly for users of Snapmaker 2.0: https://www.facebook.com/groups/newsnapmaker/

Best regards, and stay healthy!
Phoebe

2 Likes