What parts do I need to purchase from A250 to upgrade to A250T?

1. I bought A250 on 2019/11/22
  2. Purchase the LinearModual Bundle for A250T on 2023/01/03
  3. What parts do I need to purchase from A250 to upgrade to A250T?
  4. What is the difference between installing software and firmware?

The only differences between the A and A/T are the linear rails and the quieter PSU. The firmware is exactly the same. Similarly, the difference in the A/T and F series is the F series only comes with the 3D print head and heatbed, there’s absolutely no difference otherwise.

So, I have already bought 5 LinearModuals, now I only need to buy the PowerSupplyUnit, is there nothing else to do?

Skreelink via Snapmaker where creation happens <notifications@snapmaker.discoursemail.com> 於 2023年5月12日 週五 下午8:04寫道:

That would be it, and only if you want the PSU to be a little quieter. The variable fan is the only difference.

A bit of a stretch, but if you just happen to have an Ender 3 Pro laying around with a Meanwell power supply, you can easily swap it out with the Snapmaker PSU (same form factor, fits perfect in casing). That PSU actually has the variable cooling fan (plus it has 30W more power). I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the exact same PSU that Snapmaker sells as the “upgraded” model.

Do you mean: can it work normally without replacing the psu?

Skreelink via Snapmaker where creation happens <notifications@snapmaker.discoursemail.com> 於 2023年5月12日 週五 下午8:50寫道:

Yes, there is no operational difference. Unless your current PSU is having issues, there’s no reason to buy the new one.

thank you so much

Skreelink via Snapmaker where creation happens <notifications@snapmaker.discoursemail.com> 於 2023年5月12日 週五 下午9:22寫道:

Not a problem.

Your A250 being that old might actually require the v2 bed frame and the v2 single extruder print head in addition to the linear rails and PSU. Those were both upgraded on the A series machines before the T series machines came out and included them stock from the factory. I think those upgrades were released sometime between 2020-2021.

Another question, I have two sets of LinearModual, one is A250, the other is A250T, their firmware will be different, can these two sets be used interchangeably?

Skreelink via Snapmaker where creation happens <notifications@snapmaker.discoursemail.com> 於 2023年5月12日 週五 下午9:52寫道:

No, you can not mix them in use. Just old OR just new.