What are you putting your Artisan on? I'm losing my mind trying to find a properly sized table or desk for it

I live in an apartment, and need a surface for my Artisan that’s big enough, but not bigger than it needs to be. To have room for the Controller and a little clearance for the wires, 36" by 42" seems like the ideal size (but I’m open to other options!).

I have not been able to find a quality table for the Artisan that isn’t massively bigger than it needs to be. I’ve found only two 36x42" tables online, but they’re both way too wobbly and unstable.

What are you all putting your Artisans on? I’d really appreciate any recommendations or suggestions you guys could offer.

Thanks!

Bought a Ikea Bror and put a bigger tabletop on it.
Also cut the legs, but that was just my preference.
Very stable and not that expensive.

@elopan Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how did you attach the bigger tabletop to the Bror?

Also, where’d you get your tabletop? Unfortunately all the ones I found on Ikea and elsewhere don’t have enough depth to fit the Artisan.

Thanks so much for the help!

You can either screw it from the bottom side up or just use strong double sided tape.
Took some tabletop from ikea, but got the controller on a seperate table. You can however just go to some carpenter or joiner craftsmen, usually a plain tabletop shouldnt cost much. Here a lot of hardware stores also sell tapletops cut to dimensions.

You can always build one from your local DIY store in timber frame.
I have gone for 3030 aluminium on levelling castors should I need to move it for any reason.

Not completely finished yet, the controller will be placed under the printer with a drawer runner, then it will be space for filament and print bed storage etc.

I got sick of looking for tables that would fit my artisan. Just decided to make one. It’s not finished since its part of a full garage build out but this is the start.

1 Like

I have built the mobile table from 30x30 aluminum profiles. The walls are made of Aludibond with magnetic holders attached, so you can remove all sides quickly and easily to get to the lower table. The controller is embedded in the door and can be operated from the outside. The Snapmaker air filter is installed inside. The air outlet to the front is extendable with a hose so the exhaust air can be directed outside.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

does anyone have a solution fpr these problem?

I custom-built my desk from finger-jointed pine panels and H2 construction lumber.

Our local hardware store chain, Bunnings, sells these really handy panels for desks, tabletops and kitchen counters that are pre-jointed and cut to size. I used a 2100x600mm panel for the section where my computer monitor sits, and a 900x900mm panel to extend the desk out to accomodate the Artisan.

Overall the desk is 2100 x 1500 in size.

The tops were jointed together with sash clamps, Titebond glue, Kreg pocket hole screws and dowels. The underframes were also kreg-screwed and glued together.

The desk height is a little taller than usual, sitting at about 850mm off the ground to make room for rollable storage cabinets and the dust extractor.

I used an Idea from the Facebook Group. Credits here to: Silke Handke!

Base plate: Multiplex board 100cm x 120cm x 2.4cm
Cabinets: 3x Cabinets from Sweden :wink:
Ground plate: Multiplex Board 78cm x 116cm x 1.5cm

Small piece of carpet to protect the floor with the same size as the base plate.

I h

ad a sturdy adjustable height lab work bench with a top that was about 8 inches too narrow and found a table top on Amazon that fits well.

The Amazon description is: Visit the VIVO Store

VIVO Universal 71 x 36 inch Table Top for Standard and Sit to Stand Height Adjustable Home and Office Desk Frames, Rustic Vintage Brown Extra-Wide Desktop, DESK-TOP72-36N

It is just a table top so it still needs a table to sit on.

Hello brainson. Did you cut the control module in the door with the cnc. If you did do you have the file or drawing that you could pass along?