Artisan volume and surface requirements

I’m new to 3d printing so took quite a leap by preording this machine. I am currently assessing where to place it in my home and what table dimensions I need to build to support it. Given the size of artisan, this takes a bit of planning so I suppose the delivery date for my preorder is a mixed blessing.

I need to know what surface dimensions I need to supply for the table. The artisan enclosure gives me some of this but how much additional width do I need to make room for the controller that sits next to it?

I need a sense of volume also, I think the spools for printing hang on the outside of the enclosure. I caught a glimpse of a spool in one of many videos on youtube so pretty sure they arent inside the enclosure. I need to know where they are placed and the dimensions width, depth, and height they add to the enclosure dimensions.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

It would be perfect to have a step file from the machine. Step files is the perfect format to import it into any serious cad System and would make live much easier for making plans.
It would also help in the future to repair stuff or find the right spare parts.

1 Like

I’m sure this feedback is useful, but I suppose it was not intended for my setup question. I’ll try support.

I guess this might help :wink:

It’s from the Quick Start Guide BTW.

1 Like

Thats exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Do you have a link to the pdf for the artisan quick start guide? I have not been able to locate it on the website.

We will upload it to the Support Center this week. :blush:

I’ve been studying your dimensions drawing with respect to my installation location and have two questions;

1. how long is the cable from the back of the enclosure to the controller box. This tells me how much freedom I have in placing it at alternate locations. Is it just enough cable to place the box as shown, or is there extra length to work with.

2. my understanding is the exhaust port is 4" diameter so connects to a standard dryer exhaust duct? the length of the exhaust port from the enclosure wall is 31mm? I’m having a dryer duct put through an outside wall for venting, so want the duct right hand turn correctly budgeted.

Thanks much for your guidance!

Sorry not to reply in time. Do you mind if I reply to you later? I’ve been occupied by other things these days and haven’t got a chance to confirm the information. I’ll confirm asap. :face_holding_back_tears:

No worries, I have a ways to go on delivery so building the table is not an immediate task. I reviewed the quick start, a very nicely done document, thank you for making it available!

Thanks for your kind feedback. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It just made my day! If you have any feedback on the manual content later, please let me know and I’ll try to improve!

The diagram is very helpful. Since my bench is only 2’ deep, it looks like I’ll have to put it at the end of the bench. As long as the door opens to the left as shown in the videos, that won’t pose a problem with my location.

I found the diagram helpful too, but my conclusion was that a 2 feet deep table wouldnt work. The enclosure dimensions are 2.2 feet wide by 3.1 feet deep, while the controller is 0.6 feet wide. So overall dimensions, 2.8 x 3.1 feet if the controller is next to the enclosure as intended.

As a result, I’m planning on building a 3x4 table to hold this monstrosity.