Warping or just cooking?

I seem to have problem with brims. It seems I cant stop the brim from bubbling up in certain places…

it appears that the filament is melting while the rest of the brim is being laid down. Is this common problem?

the intial layer temperature is 70. do I need to lower it?

a better view

Your z offset is too low, try bumping it up 0.1mm. When the offset is too low, the filament is too squished and “leaks out” from the sides causing poor adhesion and the bubbling you can see.

I think possible causes are (ordered most likely to least likely according to my opinion):

• printing too close too the bed
  • your bed isn’t clean
  • under or over-extrusion in combination with the above
  • clogged nozzle
  • too high nozzle temp
  • your filament has gotten wet

You’re printing with PLA?
Did you calibrate your e-steps? (Teaching Tech 3D Printer Calibration)

thanks for hints…

the bubbling seems to get higher over time as if the bed is too hot

do you know if its possible to damage the bed through scraping off the stuck on PLA

im using surgical spirt to clean it

i

If you are too agressive when scraping you can definitely damage your print sticker. If its proving too stubborn to remove you can always print over the top of it to remove the remaining bits.

Are you using the snapmaker black pla from the box the machine came in? it sure looks like it. Very familiar looking to me.

if so, do yourself a favor and toss it. its tainted garbage. its probably screwed up your nozzle too. infamous for clogging and ruining print sheets.

looks very wet beyond that.

dont understand why they continue to ship with it without warning people that its bad.

thanks

yep …

im thinking along similar lines…

thought it might be damp