Doughnut effect

things seemed to be going fairly well for the first 24 hours…

then i noticed that a gap was beginning to appear around the edge of the model

it seems that it shrinking/curling up at the edges…(raised surface)

which causes much deeper /thicker extrusions…

i use plenty of glue eg pritt stick !!

any ideas to prevent it happening???

What material do you print? Whats your settings? Or your roomtemp did change, do you print with an exclosure? Many questions and no glassball availible

what is this you are printing, a slice of a geode? a piece of shale?

often times curling is from insufficient adhesion. applying something to the bed like gluestick or hairspray can help. or my preference is magigoo

apologies…

its snapmaker pla (its the only filament I currently have)

the settings are default…

either fast print or normal quality…

the room temperature does get cooler over night so may cause shrinkage …

in otherwords no enclosure…

and its a slice of the rosetta stone …

tia

order some new filament for starters, get something like hatchbox at the least. if not get the real stuff matterhackers of prusament

unless its supposed to look like all that squiggles on there, but even still snapmaker filament from the box is junk.

and you can try a brim if you want, it might help with the adhesion at the cost of having to trim it off

also looks like you might be overextruding some and/or a bit close to the bed with z offset

Thanks

I suppose I believe its room temperature changes…

or draughts…

any idea what the actual temp range should be ?

btw do you happen to know if there any pre-Luban processing method to sharpen a scanned -in model . Here is a part of the model Im trying to sharpen. (egyptian) I currently use meshmixer to crop the original model.

Not solving your problem for 3D printing, but it’s a type of detail that is rather hard to achieve.

Now knowing what you try to print, my personal tool of choice would be the CNC (1st choice) or laser (2nd choice) and I wouldn’t have tried doing this with the print head.

As far as room temp: the most important thing is that it’s stable (PLA) So no big changes & draughts. Different story when printing ABS, then you’ll need an enclosure (and ventilation for the fumes).

Yep

CNC is in the plan …

once Ive reached my limits of headaches with 3dp

I suspect some of the curl I’ve had was when I let the inside temp of the enclosure get too warm. In addition to a different remote camera, I need a remote thermometer as well.