USB / Flash Drive: "Files" screen doesn't work

HI there,

I’ve researched the topic on this forum and elsewhere, but I just can’t get anything to show on the screen via a usb flash drive. I’ve tried different ones, different sizes, UBS 2, USB 3, even followed a tip found here to format them with a particular cluster size, to no avail.

I’m using FAT16/32 flash drives formatted with macOS Disk Utility. Inside right now there’s a gcode file, at the root with the “gcode” extension. The screen does seem to recognise there’s a drive inserted as it lights up blue, but that is as far as I can get. Tapping it does nothing and I never see any files showing up…

I don’t really know what to expect, as I have never seen or found online what I’m supposed to see or how to move from there on, although I’ve used a similar approach in other 3D printers.

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sounds like you need to contact support@snapmaker.com. Do you have the thumb drive it came with?

I probably do have the original drive somewhere, but… is there anything special about it? What if I can’t find it? Can’t possibly believe that would lock me out of printing without the computer!

Thanks for your help!

I don’t think there is anything special about it but if it doesn’t work then that might be an indication there is something wrong with the SnapMaker or it’s USB port.

Could you please format the U-disk we provided and download a file into it.
The U-disk the controller supports is FAT32.

Please do as the attached video and check the file via the touchscreen.

If the touchscreen still does not show the file, please let me know.
And send a picture that shows the screen of the touchscreen on the file-reading page.

1 Like