Deleting files on usb?

Anyone else really tired of their snapmaker deleting their files on usb stick? It’s very frustrating and I can’t tell if it’s an issue with their included usb or the actual machine itself. I try to load up a file on the usb and it gets stuck on the “Transferring file to touchscreen” Before allowing me to press the start button over, and over. Once I back out of the file, I have been met with varying levels of destruction. This time, the folder containing the file was gone. including all the other files in that folder. Just completely deleted. Previously, I have backed out only to find all my files(and files that weren’t even there before) in some other language that looked like a mix of code and chinese. The time before that, snapmaker completely erased the entire contents of my usb drive. Is this a known issue? Is it something that’s on the hard drive? Whatever it is it’s chewing up time, and I’m wondering if getting a new usb drive will be worth it or if this issue will continue plaguing me due to glitches in the snapmaker machine itself.

I don’t have a v2, but that sounds like a corrupt filesystem on the USB drive. Does windows ask you to repair it when you plug it into a PC?

If not, I’d reformat anyway, and skip the quick format. It’s unlikely, but possible that the drive itself is bad.

You can have folders?

Yes
(20 characters… )

I’m plugging it in on a limun machine, so that prompt might not apply here. I can attempt to plug it in on my windows vm to see if it does anything!
I’ll try a format to see if that helps, thanks for the suggestion!

Yes! You can create folders on your computer on the flashdrive and plug it into your snapmaker, letting you have everything nice and organized, ready to print!

Ah,probably what I did wrong. I created a folder of gcodes once and while I could see the folder on the touchscreen, touching it never let me ‘drill’ into it to choose an actual file. So I just never tried again, figured it was a 1 level directory limitation.

Thanks.