Unblocking Extruder

Are there any detailed instructions on how to disassemble the 3D printer module to unblock it. I had filament snap off while the printer was on a long print job left unattended so there is now cooled PLA at the top of the hotend that I cannot dislodge, for any other 3D printer there are ways to disassemble the components surrounding the hot-end to replace the tube etc. From a quick look at the 3D printer module its not designed to be disassembled easily, Shocking the lack of thought put into the design given that this is such a common issue with 3D Printers. No documentation on this to be found anywhere either.

1 Like

@Davidius

Doug the newbie here. Search the user forum and you will find hints, photos and guides on rectifying the problem.

Doug

@Davidius

https://manual.snapmaker.com/3d_printing/faq/what-should-i-do-when-the-nozzle-is-jammed.html

Had to do it today…
Not a big problem. Done in 10 minutes.
You need a 1,5 mm allen key (not stated in the instructions) for the 2 small screws of the heating element.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @rojaljelly. I made use of this part of the manual two nights ago. Clogged my nozzle and couldn’t clear it out with the hot or cold pull methods. I just removed the nozzle, heat block and heat break system and replaced it.
It was a lot easier than I thought. It was a bit tough getting the heat tube into the hole in the block as there is a burr from where the tiny grub screw hole is tapped. It would be best to file this with a small round file but I didn’t have one. So I just forced it in!
Put it all back together and reattached the module to the Snapmaker. A quick recalibration and it is working better than ever.
I don’t know why it blocked and is hard to tell until I take the old nozzle and block apart. That’s a job for later.

1 Like