Can’t Remove Hot End

I have a real problem with my 3D print head . I need to replace the hot end and have a spare. I’ve followed the instructions on this page: How to Replace the Hot End – Snapmaker

I have removed the set screw under the feed door, but I can’t pull out the hot end. I’ve been able to pull it out about 7mm, but it’s really tough and it seems stuck. Any tips on how to get this out?

Mabe when you heat it, only a thought. Havent ever had such a problem.

That video is the instructions for the SM original.
I’m assuming you have a 2.0.
Not sure what happened to the instructions for them.
Anyway, it’s super simple.
Open the filament door and there’s a hex set screw that needs loosening and then the hot end should slide down and out. Unplug the connector carefully so you don’t pull out any pins.
Assembly is reverse. Just make sure thermistor is well seated in hole.
-S

Yep. Have a 2.0. I totally removed the set screw under the filament feed door. I have a spare hot end, and see how it all fits together. I pull on the nozzle end with a pair of pliers with all of my strength and have only managed to pull the hot end out 8mm or so. All the instructions show just what you said…loosen the set screw and it just comes out. Mine rotates and seems stuck at 8mm or so. I’m baffled and concerned about ruining the head by using too much force.

maybe you can use some plyers to twist the alminum off of the heatbreak and then you can wrastle the that out after?

not sure what the problem could be…

Was there any kind of filament leak? I’ve had it catch a little at first but not like that.
Maybe bring the nozzle up to temp? That might expand it and melt any filament that was getting caught.

-S

I can’t remove my hot end either.. it’s jammed with filaments but i can’t get all the wires to come off the circuit board. I removed one set of wires, but the other clips are impossible.

I’ll be a certified electrician by the time i can change out the tool head nozzle. This is insanely difficult. Now i finally after hours of trying, got the wires off the circuit board, but now i have to remove the wires from the old nozzle and use them on the new one? How in the hell am i supposed to do that?

Do you mean your filament built a blob?
I could imagine that old filament blocks the takeout, so I would feed some filament into the hot feed and retract it by hand, like a cold pull, so it should be free.