Unable to set CNC origin: no movement

I have successfully carved the CNC tutorial piece. However, on my second carve I find that I’m unable to set the origin. The buttons for controlling the mill head position flicker when I press them, but nothing happens. Same thing happens when going directly to the Control function from the home screen.

I’ve tried rebooting the system, double-checked all the cables, no dice.

Additional details: once when I rebooted the system the enclosure lights failed to come on and the enclosure was no longer listed on the home screen. Also, when I upload a cnc file from Luban, it always says my machine type is unrecognized and I have to keep telling it that I have an S2 A350.

All of the above makes me think that the controller might be bad.

Probably.
Try actually unplugging and replugging (with power off) - not just making sure they’re all the way in.

Otherwise contact support.
-S

Try actually unplugging and replugging (with power off) - not just making sure they’re all the way in.

Thanks, sdj544, that did the trick.

Not sure if it’s feasible, or if Snapmaker product managers are monitoring this forum, but it would be really great if the Snapmaker firmware would do a startup self-test and let you know which cables are not connected properly.