Toolhead and Bed stuck

Hi,

After switching from Printer to CNC setup and updating the latest firmware my machine seems stuck.
The toolhead isn’t homing when prompted and I can’t jog the bed or the toolhead manually.
There’s zero response, meaning nothing is skipping or trying to move.
For clarification I recorded a short video: 30 January 2022 - YouTube

When the machine is on, everything is stuck, you can’t push the toolhead or any axis by hand. Turned off you can move every axis by hand.

I’ve rolled back the firmware update, but this didn’t make any difference.

Has anyone else faced this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix this or even what the hell is going on are more then welcome.

Try manually moving everything to roughly center to make sure it’s not on the limit switches. Double check all your cable connections and reseat them as well. If that doesn’t help, connect with Luban and try resetting the eeprom, it may have gotten messed up during the upgrade. In the console type M502 > enter > M500 > enter. This resets the eeprom (all the machine settings like speed, jerk, acceleration, esteps, etc will be reverted to factory.) If this doesn’t help, the controller might be cooked and you’ll have to contact support.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately it didn’t work, no movement at all. Is it possible for all controllers to be cooked at the same time?

Luban actually has a macro setup for this reset command.

When I say controller, I mean the unit that all the cables attach to. There should be a ‘breathing’ light at the bottom near the USB. Does the spindle turn on if you enable it on the control screen or luban?

Ah, yes sorry I mixed it up. Thats still working fine as far as I can tell.
It lights up, reads the usb and also registers the toolheads and temp. sensors when I switch to 3D printing. I’m also able to turn on the spindle via the control screen (never noticed that was possible).

Already contacted support. I might be in luck, my unit shipped jan 31 last year, so at least it should still be within warranty.

Since the cable is obviously good between the toolhead and controller, try swapping it for one coming out of the Z/Y splitters to rule out cable failure. What version firmware are you on now?

I’m back on 1.14.2, since 14.1 didn’t make any difference.
I’ll have to try the 13.2 version.

Cables wasn’t it either, thanks for the help. It’s always good to exclude possibilities.

I have the exact same problem on my Snapmaker A350 with enclosure:

After upgrading to v14.1 > system restarts, but none of the axis can move. Not via manually jogging and not via the homing function. I downgraded back to firmware v13 and everything works again.

A while later, I received the new 10W laser module and decided to upgrade again to v14.2 > same problem occurs.

Have you heard anything from support yet? It seems like a firmware issue and not a hardware issue, since it occurs after installing v14 or higher. And the problem disappears after downgrading to version 13.

I’ve contacted support but they didn’t know what was going on.

But I got my machine working again, also did the 13.2 rollback and I got control over 4 out of 5 modules (removed the bed and X-axis).
Checked the connection on the one that wasn’t moving, not helping.
Then I switched the left and right Z-axis modules to check if where the issue would be and off course they both worked.

My best bet is that somehow dust got into the connection so it didn’t get any power. The 2 latest updates might be all or nothing for the module movement.
Because after I got it working with the 13.2 firmware I did the 14.2 update and it was still working fine.

Maybe you have one that’s down but gets pushed by the other Y or Z axis module with the 13.2 firmware.

I have this exact problem with the laser head (did not try others) when upgrading to v14.3. I downgraded to 13 and it worked. Super frustrating. I don’t have much time to play around with my machine because things are constantly wrong with it.

I enconter the same problem. The version 1.14 blocks all the motors of my machine. A downgrad to the 1.13.2 fix this problem, but this version does no longer recognize the 10W laser tool head. :-((

I got mine working yesterday by taking some steps described here and in other posts. I unplugged and re-plugged everything. Then I took off the enclosure so I could manually push each module all the way to one end of the module and then back to the other end to make sure I’m hitting any switches on either end. Once I did this I booted up the machine and a new screen came up saying it had to calibrate the modules. Once that was done I was able to jog just fine in v14.3.