Touchscreen do not recognize head tool

hello everyone, im a designer from italy and the A250 just arrived its my first printer.
I assembled it but when I turned it on the touch screen does not recognize it. what did I do wrong. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

The work area is not displayed, so it seems that the connection to the controller is not established.

Are you connected to the USB-C connector on the machine’s controller?

I’m curious about the version 1.6.0 of the controller.

Three possibilities occur to me:

The cable between the touchscreen and the controller might not be properly plugged in—either the controller end was placed in the wrong socket somehow, or one of the ends isn’t properly seated.

The cable could be faulty. If you have a possible substitute cable (I think it’s a USB-C type, but wouldn’t swear to it), try swapping them.

One of the ports the cable plugs into may be faulty. If you’re at this point, you probably want to contact Snapmaker Support—if nothing else, that will prevent voiding your warranty if you need to open something up. Unfortunately, they may be really slow to respond just now, due to Chinese lunar new year celebrations.

thank you for the answer.
i checked all cables, they seems ok.
-I tried to turn on the machine without the cnc module connected and the touchscreen recognized the machine (photo 1)
-the firmware version was missing and I installed the update released yesterday. (photo 2)
-I tried to reboot with the cnc module connected and the machine disappears again (but keeps the firmware. (Photo 3)

very strange, I’ll try with the other modules.IMG_1968 IMG_1969 IMG_1970

Okay, that does sound like a firmware issue, and to be honest, it looks to me like your update failed or was interrupted—you’re showing version 1.6 for everything, whereas if you look at @Blockmodule’s photo, you can see that the “Touchscreen Version” is 1.11.4, and the firmware filename has “V1.11.4” embedded in the middle of it.

If you’re having trouble getting it to update to firmware version 1.11, try 1.9 instead—it’s generally considered to have the fewest obvious bugs.

thank you again, you are very helpful. I managed to install the 1.9 firmaware software, then also update and now the touchscreen looks like @Blockmodule, with version 1.11.4 but nothing 
 the connected modules are not recognised, also in calibration “no head-tool detected.” appears and also the control cursors do not activate. if I disconnect the modules the machine appears on the touch screen and the control works too 
 everything has been ready for days, but he doesn’t want to start 

I don’t know exactly what is going on, but the control unit may be malfunctioning instead of the touch panel.

Head tool is out of order
?

It’s hard not to be able to work on anything.

Please link the URL of this forum thread to the Snapmaker support team and tell them exactly what your symptoms are.
It is possible that they are already on Chinese New Year vacations, so expect a very slow reply.
Please don’t give up and keep in touch.
Our support team will be happy to help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 Like

I tried to connect the Z cable to the toolhead and it works! so it’s probably a cable problem. i hope. I reported the problem to support, we hope to solve it soon. Thanks again.

I will take care of this issue. For users who have the similar problem, you can refer to this article:

1 Like

Hi @Edwin, thank you for that article and in it confirming that the toolhead cable is identical to the two (Y+Z) conversion cables.

Do you have a spec on the connector itself and is it available to purchase?