Snapmaker A350 Issues

Hello all,

I am posting on here hoping to get some assistance with my A350 that I am having major issues with. I have contacted support but other than one message exchange that 2 weeks to get a basic first steps reply I cant get anyone from snapmaker to respond. About 3 weeks ago my A350 touchscreen began to randomly disconnect from a print, then it would reconnect maybe go for a bit then disconnect again. Multiple attempts to reposition the touch screen or reseat connectors hasnt helped. My main connection board has a heartbeat, but I cannot port into the machine via laptop because it doesnt recognize a connection when using the mini USB-A port. I have installed drivers on the laptop CH340 but to no avail. Is there any other steps anyone could suggest to get the machine fixed or at least temporarily working while I wait for someone from the company to message me back? This machine is fairly important for my company and if I cant get it fixed soon I would have to buy a backup machine from someone else.
Thanks,
Josh

You should be able to connect at least by a serial connection. May try a other computer, different cables or the usb-c port where the touchscreen is connected to?

I just moved the snapmaker next to our main desktop and it wont connect to that one via USB-C or USB- Mini A. Even after drivers install and a reset it shows nothing on the serial port menu. I have tried 4 different USB-C cables, but I only have one USB- Mini A so buying a new one of those is the last step I think I can try. When the touchscreen does work I can connect via wifi, but once the screen stops responding it kicks me back off. I still have heartbeat from the connector board. I havent tried connecting to the USB-A port on the very bottom as I have read thats only for firmware updates.

The usb-c connector isn’t technically usb-c. Only physically it is. It’s only for the control pad.

The usb-a port is for usb drives.

The mini is what you use to connect to your computer.

-S

If you connected the TouchPad Connector to a USB-C port, it’s possible that you fried the device at the other end. You will need to work with Snapmaker Support. The Support link at the top of the page is the quickest way to contact them.

quote=“CNC-Maker, post:5, topic:29475”]
If you connected the TouchPad Connector to a USB-C port, it’s possible that you fried the device
[/quote]

Definitely possible, but from what I’ve heard from most people’s experience on FB who’ve done this is it just doesn’t work, no harm done.

-S

I dont think the USB-C is fried from connecting it as I can still connect the touch screen and it will work** The touchscreen works for between 5 seconds and 5 minutes before it disconnects from the machine and throws an error. Sometimes it will reconnect again for a minute or two but then it disconnects again.

I did hear back from support today, I think this post may have greased the wheel a bit and they will be sending me a new touch screen and controller. I appreciate everyone’s comments here. Thanks

1 Like