The Snapmaker 2.0 Quick Swap Kit is now available at our Official Stores

🎉Exciting news! The wait is finally over. The Snapmaker 2.0 Quick Swap Kit is now available at our Official Stores! It’s time to upgrade your creative experience. Order yours now at this link:

We’ve already sent the 10% coupons out to all our valued Snapmaker 2.0 owners just an hour ago. So, some of you might have already placed your orders to be in the first batch of shipments, scheduled to arrive at your local warehouse in late August.

Introducing Snapmaker 2.0 Quick Swap Kit

Are you having trouble finding the email with your coupon? Or perhaps you’ve already placed your order and missed the chance to use the coupon? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Simply engage in a conversation with the Bot on our online store to obtain a Coupon Code. And if you need any assistance, feel free to contact our service team at info@snapmaker.com. We’re here to help!

We also offer the individual toolhead quick swap plate as an option. This will be a great addition for those of you who need to switch between 4th, 5th, or even more toolheads. Order it here:

For any questions or concerns, we’ve prepared an FAQ about the shipment. Here’s the link: https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/15461919184535-Pre-Order-Shipment

Thanks again for your patience and continued support, and we look forward to hearing your feedback on this release.

2 Likes

Can we get the DXF/STL files?

1 Like

That would help for people to adapt the sbr16 rail mods…

I preordered one!

Thanks @Jade & @Riskey & Snapmaker team for listening to the community and also now offering seperate toolhead mount plates - I ordered two out of happiness about this fact, although for a simple piece of metal they are relatively expensive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I bought a Snapmaker 2.0 A250 Swap kit + Folder Parts!

What I have purchased so far.
Snapmaker 3-in1 Original
Snapmaker 2.0 A250 3-in1 x 3
Enclosures x 3
Emergency stop button x 3
10w Laser module x 1
Rotary module x 1
New Linear rail countermeasures (5)
Modified 3D Printer Module x 1
Controller x 2
Touch panel x 1
Build plate x 1
CNC plate x 1
Hot end x 5

I think you can see that this is how much love we have for Snapmaker.

2 Likes

@Jade Could you please get someone to look into this? It’s been an open issue since January 2022. I’ve submitted support tickets, reached out via Facebook, GitHub, etc. and it’s still not a fixed issue.

1 Like

@EddieHartman I’ve got a response from support about the same exact issue - File Transfer via WiFi - #78 by nweolu

I suggested that machine should go to standalone mode instead of this inadequate prompt.

In first response from support I’ve got weird message about Luban sending g-code line by line, and that is the reason it is this way. When clearly it is not the case.
Riskey mentioned that issues on GitHub are not as potent as tickets.

1 Like

Not only that, they apparently took my (and others’?) suggestion to provide an extension cable for the toolheads/heated-bed/etc. Very, very pleased about that. I had resigned myself to cutting up some spare toolhead cables and putting standard connectors on the ends just so I could get the length I needed.

Hi @Jade ,

I know the a150 is deprecated and officially not supported to quick swap.
Is there any chance to add support just for the heads? I know it is not possible for the bed, but as there are quite less screws thats not a problem. More the space behind the heads.
As far as I can see I have to confirm in startup for using Quick Swap or didn’t and this results in different measurement offsets for calibration and stuff. Would be also nice for a150 with hint “Just head mount” or something like that. Should be some minor change request.

Other was around; I have a350 machine just for laser, so my 10W is mounted there all the time and I Just have to swap the frames for laser and CNC with rotary module.

I now ordered a quickswap a350. Headmounts for a150 and basemounts for a350. Will firmware have problems with it? Maybe for print calibration, but also on other topics?

I can hardly wait for delivery.

1 Like

There are a few examples you can print… I’ve been using one from thingiverse for about 2 years now. Works fine.

Received the Kit last week, and took some time today to install it. As expected, the quality of the parts and the packaging is very nice.

For a moment, I wished the manual was printed as with the Snapmaker 2.0 or the 10W laser itself, but instead you download a PDF, and have to switch between physical world and laptop screen a few times, but it’s ok. 28 pages is also a lot of paper material that could be saved.

Installing the brackets on the platforms and toolheads, as well as attaching the toolhead mount is fast and straight forward.

Now the toolheads take of course some 15mm more space, so I can no longer use the toolhead storage that I had printed a while ago. But they still fit nicely into the original foam packaging. Then you realise that you also don’t need to store the sets of screws any longer :slight_smile:

The only larger action is, you need to take the machine out of the enclosure to redo the base platform! I thought this would be a nightmare, but actually it wasn’t so difficult to get it out of the front, once you unplug the power and enclosure cable, detach the filament guide and the screen holder, and unscrew the four brackets that attach the machine’s feet to the enclosure. One then has to put the machine on the side to redo the screws. A bit fiddly, but still quick and no point of frustration.

Then the machine goes back into the enclosure, everything back attached. Firmware update process. And ready to go. Almost! While the machine tells you to rerun the camera calibration, it forgets to tell you that the old focus calibration of the laser no longer matches, so you have to make sure you run that once proactively. I did one swap today from 3D print to laser, and I’m quite happy on the money spent, never want to see those screws again.

4 Likes

Thanks for that in-depth process review! Great to know as I wait for mine. Thanks for taking the time to get photos as well. =)

Where are you from and did you received any shipping emails?

based in Austria, ordered from retailer 3djake in Mid-July. I guess they might be faster as they order batches for retail.

I’ve got to wait till November via the Snapmaker Official Store in order to get it here in New Zealand =O It’ll be worth it though, I’m sure.

1 Like

I hoped their own German Warehouse would get it as soon as their distributors. But one week after there is still no communication. Hopefully they send it out next week. Anyone ordered from snapmaker europe got the quickswap?

No se tambalea aun mas la plataforma al estar mas alta???

I don’t have that impression, at least FDM and CNC. The laser platform is only attached to the middle screws, which I’m not fully convinced of, but still I had no issues with all three functions. The locking mechanism is quite tight. So far cannot make out any drawback of installing the kit.

Ok, gracias por la respuesta… La tendre en cuenta si me decido a adquirir el Kit…:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like