Switching from Anycubic to Snapmaker

Since my AnyCubic Vyper has limited build space, which sometimes reaches its limits, and I wanted to professionalize myself a bit after my beginner phase, I bought a Snapmaker 2.0 F350 along with a housing. Because of the solid workmanship (all metal, no cheap plastic) and the modular design, I had high expectations. In contrast to the Anycubic Vyper, where good printing results were obtained out of the box, the first printouts with the supplied PLA are more than modest. I use the Cura profiles for PLA, PETG and TPU from Snapmaker 2.0 3D-Druckprofile (Cura 5.0.0 & Luban 4.2.3). Also with different PLA filaments, printing a calibration cube, there were deformations (shrinking/warping) and rounded edges. This has never happened to me with the Vyper, even with PETG and TPU.

mpoxDE had already complained about the suboptimal Luban 3D print profiles on YouTube. That’s why I tested it with Cura right away. The 3 standard profiles supplied with Cura for the Snapmaker 2.0 A350 produced even worse printouts.

I adjusted the HeatTower, Flow and estep settings months ago and printed a large case for a vintage device in acceptable quality with PLA. Then after a break of a month and a firmware update nothing works anymore. The problem probably lies in the first layer and the lack of adhesion. Where I still had problems detaching printouts from the print bed with PETG a month ago, now even PETG printouts no longer stick and detach themselves from the print bed. And that with permanent calibration and z adjustments

Can’t rely to that in any way.

For me, the F350 is my 3rd printer, and especially the adhesion is the strongest I have ever seen. So strong, I even broke off parts with 100% infill off of the print bed already, instead of removing the part.

First layer is also better compared to my Ender 3 Pro, where I have to relevel constantly to remain good first layers.

Besides wrong stock e-steps, I get good results with both Luban and Cura with stock profiles. Just to mention it, the prints even have been fine initially without any calibration.

Do you regularly clean the printbed with iso?

“Do you regularly clean the printbed with iso?”

yes - no change.

I tried the “Linear Advance Calibration” (https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#linadv) brings no results. Maybe the nozzle is clogged or something like that. Or the distance sensor of the extruder is defective? It’s good that I started with the Anycubic Vyper back then, because otherwise I wouldn’t have started with 3D printing. : (

A month ago I was still able to print, the massive problem with print adhesion did not exist. But then, a month later and after a firmware update - even with PLA nothing works properly anymore.

Think about to check the esteps and all calibration topics after firmware updates. Also from ultimaker 5s i know after each firmware the settings did before are on default settings.

Häng dir auch mal einen filter ans filament wegen staub und so…

Clean the surface with Isopropanol to ensure there is no filmoil on the plate.

esteps settings are not changed by the firmware update. But not sure, if other relevant default settings was changed with the firmware update which I have not manually customized.

Filament was dried several hours in a Sunlu device. Print bed was cleaned with Isopropanol.

Replacing the nozzle solved the main problem. It was astonishing that after just a few printouts in 3 weeks (and then a longer pause), the nozzle was so clogged that no reasonable printout was possible.