Surplus Current Available at Fan Port of Enclosure Converter?

@Melitta_Snapmaker or @Snapmaker-Support :

I have a Snapmaker 2.0 A250 (Kickstarter version), with original power supply, and original Enclosure. I am still using original rails not the faster ones, and in context of this question the 10W laser module will be active, so the heated bed will not.

I’d like to add a SECOND 24V / 0.25A or so fan to assist with my own filtration approach for laser smoke and fumes. The Enclosure Converter at the top back rail has only the one 2-pin 8020 fan port. I can do my own wire splicing to feed two fans in parallel from this, the question is if there is sufficient current capability to power a second fan. (There is a single ‘Accessory’ cable daisy chaining the Enclosure Converter from the A250’s control/distribution unit, as per the original enclosure assembly instructions.)

If I have two wired in parallel I can use the touchscreen activation to turn them on, which I would not do when using the 3D printer module and heated bed. (I’m just guessing the combination of the two is higher total draw from the power supply than the 10W laser module, but maybe I’m wrong.)

It’s fine, .25A is a small amount. Smallest transistor I’ve seen on this so far has a 2A nominal rating.

Figured it should be, but couldn’t hurt to ask. I’m out of warranty already regardless.

FWIW here’s the intended approach. My SM2 is on my computer desk right next to a big 38in monitor and I don’t have room for the hose etc, and their $400 air cleaner is just…ludicrous. So I’m making a manifold ‘pipe’ (or maybe more correct term is plenum?) with 3D printed parts up to a tupperware container that’ll sit on the top of the enclosure. Parts are broken up to fit the A250 print bed.

That tupperware will have a round flange to slip fit to this on one end (will notch it out for the right angle flow) and on the other end a hole for a 2nd exhaust fan, and I’ll stuff the tupperware with a couple different filteration layers (go from coarse to denser, then charcoal). Figured the layer that gets the dirtiest is easier to replace that way, as is the charcoal. Length of all the parts leaves a little slack so I don’t have to be ‘perfect’ about what height I cut into the tupperware, I can “clock” this whole assy to be a bit diagonal across the back of the machine instead of vertical to make up for any excess.

I don’t expect it to work as well as “the real thing” but the 2-section part I’m using now (bottom half of the 4 segments in the pic above, with a charcoal filter bag stuffed inside and vent slots in the top half) aren’t quite doing enough with half-hour to hour runs cutting plywood. Too much wood stink.

Well, assembly in place, fan tested. First laser test to see if this gives me enough filtration later today. (Obviously I can still pack rather a bit more in the tupperware…)

I could feel good airflow into the rear port from the Snap’s own fan, just testing with the lid off before putting in anything, and obviously the front exhaust fan I added was easy to test even after…