Running additional items off enclosure?

As the title says. Would it be possible to run an external fan off the enclosure free slots? Mainly asking, since I’d honestly not pry open printer head 1 month into learning, but really need extra cooling for the overhangs. I’d rather ask here, before somehow frying something.

(If you’re wondering why, the print has small contact at base which is built on. The edges curl up. Flow, temp, retraction, z hop and nothing worked so far. Currently testing a few other solutions found in he forum. Trying to print a torus knot)

It should be possible, but you don’t want to draw too much current. You could also run a separate power cable for the fan through the opening left in the enclosure for the main power cord (it worked for putting a Raspberry Pi inside, anyway).

Hmm… I see. Better not to touch it for now then. In that case, the best other would be to somehow PWM a motor controlled by a potentiometer.

Thanks for the reply though!

I’ve spliced a 2nd 24V fan into the wiring that provides the voltage for the (existing) exhaust 24V fan on my A250 enclosure. (My own filtration path for lasering, using it as a 2nd booster fan to help pull air thru the filter media.) Only run it a few hours total so far but haven’t noticed any issues yet, and only ever ran at 100% along with the provided fan.

I’d think a much smaller fan (assuming that’s what you’d want) for part cooling will be fine.