Surface of the 1. layer like sand-paper. A350

If I print with my A350, then the surface of the first layer is not smooth - it is rough. Feels like sank-paper with a small grid. It’s like “little rocks” with about 0,3 to 0,5 mm are inbedded in the plastic. And if the object is ready the lower surface look like having pimples.
The object is solid but don’t look good.
The second lacer scrapes the “litte rocks” off and there is no problem for the rest of the printing.

The adhesion of the PLA to the heated bed is very good. I have problems to get small object off the bed.

I tried lots of variations inside Simplify3D - no big advantage. The same effect is if I use Luban as slicer. I played" with z-axis offset - no improvement.

I calibrate the bed every time before printing - with the 5 x 5 grid. I’m using the original SnapMaker filament - black. (I want to make a picture, but because of “everything black” you cannot see the details.)

Maybe is’t a problem of calibration, because only about 50% of the first layer shows this ??

Your nozzle is too low

Try to use another fillament, the orignal black in my case was terrible.

@buzzplop: This is an interesting website - indeed!
The last picture matches exact what I see.
I will test it.

@stefix: I thought so too, but I only have the SM black.
But I’ll order another - I need another color anyway.
Can you give me a hint, where to get a good one from ?

Thanks for the fast answers.

At the time my favorit seller is Material4Print.de its very good Quality and good price.

While your at it, also make sure you perform the e-step calibration (if you haven’t yet). Almost every device underextrudes coming out of the factory. That would probably help as well.

Wet filament will do that too. Also, if its the black pla filament that came in the snapmaker 2 box (not the accessories/extras box which came from a different batch) throw it away, its garbage. ruined two print sheets trying to use that crap, and they confirm it.

yes printing too close can also leave the little grits like you say, the bed being warped makes it hard, depending on the size of the print some areas might be great and others too close and others yet too far. frusterating, but you can find a healthy balance over time.

another culprit of little pieces seems to be a partially clogged nozzle.

its funny how these very different reasons all seemingly provide the same issues lol