Product quality curently not satisfying (A350)

Hi everyone.

After testing 3D printing with the A350 during the holidays I have to admit that I am not satisfied with the product quality. As a regular buyer I paid (nearly) the full price and did not expect to get something half-baked. The generall print quality is very good. I have done several smaler objects over the holidays also using different materials and they are as good as I expected (as a prior snapmaker original owner).
But I bought an A350 to print bigger things without glueing them together so my big disapointment is the fairly bad quality of the printing bed in connection with the poorly working auto level feature!
Big thanks to the community that provides so much usefull information for leveling issues. Next I will try Tone’s leveling 101 sheet to adjust the matrix manually and surely will have some questions about this. I also think that I will buy a glass plate later (any suggestions about that?).

Regards,
Thomas

I feel you.

We are all trying to make it better.

The best bet would be to consider getting into a glass bed, but you would need to manually level or create a new sensor solution (which is being worked on by members here)

I do have a couple of macros I made to preform a custom 11 x 11 calibration at the temperature you would print at, but this might be counter productive from the energy on the heater affecting the sensing range.

Therefore, the safest bet is to try to pre-heat your bed about 5 degrees warmer than your print temperature, let it sit for a bit, then do the calibration. The heated bed will shut down when you begin so thats why it should be pre-heated, and if you go a little warmer hopefully by the time the calibration is out a bit further it will still be warm enough to be closer to where it would be.