New A350 possibly under extruding and z height is messed up?

Hi i just received my A350 and im having a few issues.

First, i destroyed my magnetic bed sheet on one side because the z height was too low even though i set it properly according to the instruction manual. Even with setting it like that, my first print was fused to the bed.

I recalibrated higher by a small amount so the calibration card was still resistant to pull out but didn’t crease as easily. I also updated the firmware to 1.9.0.

After this i did a small calibration cube and it was under extruded on the top, that came off the bed easily but the skirt did not.

Then i printed a tiny figure and it broke off at the ankles due to either under extrusion or z height, not sure which. The feet were slightly fused to the bed.

Next i printed a slightly larger calibration cube and it looked great except one corner was rounded when all the rest were somewhat sharp and when i pulled it off, the bottom 1/5th broke off because both the bottom being fused and or the 1/5th area was under extruded or the z height was off. The top was also under extruded, has holes/gaps in the top.

Small thing, the bed was default set to 70c first layer/50c, is that too hot? i lowered it to 50 and 40 also because it takes 6 minutes to heat to 70. seems like a long time compared to my prusa unless its because its bigger?

Anyone have any tips on how to solve these issues? Im afraid to raise the z height because i figure it will be too high to actually fuse the layers. Not sure what to do?

Calibrate your extruder first. There are several topics about this on the forum.

2 Likes

Just did that now after work. Seems to be printing nicely.

1 Like

After that calibration I did a 6 hour print, it came out very nice but the bottom was still fused to the bed and the bottom few layers broke off the model. Any other suggestions?

It’s usually because your nozzle is too close to the bed when printing the first layer. Try increasing the z-offset a bit to see if it helps.

the only way ive been able to get it to run right is setting calibrating Z wrong (a touch too high) which actually makes it way too high, like .5mm too high, then adjusting lee -.5mm. But maybe something else is wrong?