Startup indicates need to update firmware for enclosure

After assembling the enclosure for my A250T I get a startup message stating that I have obsolete firmware and need to update. I am unable to find any firmware update on the Snapmaker 2.0 support site.

Where do I find & download the latest firmware for the enclosure? I have the latest version of the firmware for the A250T but I don’t see anything about firmware update specifically related to the enclosure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that the current firmware will have the update included.

I had to update firmware for my enclosure and eSTOP and it just used the latest firmware again

Pugs

Thanks for the quick reply.

I’ve downloaded the latest Snapmaker 2,0 V1.13.2_20210913 firmware and it makes no difference on the startup message that I have an obsolete Enclosure firmware.

The enclosure doesn’t have any firmware of its own (or, as far as I know, a microcontroller to run it on)—it just has a few components that talk to the main controller. This sounds more like a hardware fault, incorrectly plugged cables, improper/incomplete update, or some other confusion. Start by unplugging the enclosure cable and seeing if the message goes away. If it doesn’t, check all the other cables and make sure they’re plugged into the correct ports.

The enclosure runs the same module firmware as every other module. I’ve written custom firmware for it before.

My machine would not recognise both the enclosure and eSTOP when they were first attached to the controller, iirc it just wanted to flash the firmware again :man_shrugging:

Pugs

The default firmware on the enclosure is fine. There was an issue a long time ago where the touchscreen wouldn’t recognize the enclosure, but that was a touchscreen issue. That firmware you installed would be fine.

If you’ve reinstalled the firmware and it sucessfully completed and the enclosure it still not working I think double check your cabling and then submit a ticket with support, sounds like faulty hardware to me as well in that case.

Basically, just mirroring what Ellory said.

Thank you for the information. It’s good to know that I don’t really have a problem.

While I get the error message at startup, there is no problem with actual use.

Oh, I think I misinterpreted what you were saying. One thing that might get that error to go away is to install an older version of the module firmware. Without getting into too many details, modules won’t actually upload firmware under certain conditions.

Try installing 13.1 from here and then installing the latest one again. Might not fix it, but would rule out the glitch I’ve seen.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I did download and install 13.1 and then 13.2.

This fixed the problem.

2 Likes