Enclosure Not Working

Hello,

I got my enclosure a few months ago for my A250 and set it up, when I went to turn on my 250 and the enclosure icon wasn’t showing up and the lights weren’t on. I found the problem as my firmware was outdated, I got the latest firmware (10.1) and the enclosure still wasn’t working. I then updated luban on my laptop to see what the console was saying, when I tried to activate the fan or lights the console would say “Chamber is not exist”. My third option was to factory reset the printer to see if the enclosure would work, no dice. This is where I began to email support as not one solution I would find was fixing the enclosure. Support quickly helped me identify that the converter could be faulty since the addon 3 cable is transmitting power. They sent me a new converter and the enclosure icon still isn’t popping up. Firmware is updated to the latest and the console still wont recognize the lights or fan. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of code I can upload to help the printer identify the enclosure. Thanks

Hey! I’ve just got an A350 and also having issues with the enclosure which I think are related to the converter. I’ve contacted support but no response yet. Have you been able to fix your issue yet and how long did it take for support to send you a new converter?

Have you updated the firmware of your Snapmaker?

Yes, I’ve tried previous firmware versions as well as updating to the latest. I have contacted SM support and finally got someone that would send me a converter but no timeline on when it will arrive. And when it does arrive I’m nervous it still won’t work since the original poster also couldn’t get his new one to work.

If you are lucky, they are sending it right away and wont say anything about it.

It may arrive in 1-2 weeks.

If they wait too long you’ll miss chinese new year shutdown so I think that they will try to push it through asap for you, but dont usually give you much info on a timeline yeah.

ive had a few things sent to me and they always just kind of appear one day.

Just a quick update since I haven’t been on in the last few weeks:

I’m still in contact with SM support about the issue, so far they have sent 2 enclosure converters and a new controller with no avail. I’m dead hooked on the problem being a firmware issue since a quick test with a multimeter showed that the enclosure is getting its desired power. From what Carlos said, it sounds like we are having the same issue and I hate to tell you but I’ve been emailing support since august and so far I have had 0 luck with fixing it. I missed the window before the chinese new year shutdown so I’ll have to wait to see what they say.

I have had the same problem with my enclosure for about 1 month now. I will follow posts in this stream and hope that someone finds a solution.

Hey guys I was having the same issue and I figured it out.
On your touch pad Home screen. If you have a green light next to Enclosure. Swipe to left at the home page.
You will now see a new icon called Enclosure.
You can turn on and off the lights and fan.
Hope that helps guys

Thanks for your contribution for helping us, unfortunately for my A250 it doesn’t recognize the enclosure at all. I have tried to activate the enclosure through Luban but it kept saying “Chamber Not Recognized”.
I’ll be sure to come with a solution when I get it.

To anyone still having enclosure issues, please try unplugging the door switch then turning on the snapmaker. Support emailed me back saying that they have found out that the door switch can be faulty and caused the enclosure to not work.