Snapmaker Freezing at 50% of print

For the second time, I have run a print that estimated about 30hrs completion. For the second time, it froze at exactly 50%. Just stopped right in the middle of the print. I powered off the machine and tried to use the power loss recovery, but it doesn’t move again after that. It doesn’t think it’s done, it doesn’t lift the print head and slide the bed forward, it just sits there in the middle of the print. Print head and bed stay at temp. Print was sliced in Luban.

Oh, and printing from usb on the device…not over wifi.

I’m at a loss here. Any ideas?

What firmware version are you using?

Latest firmware 1.10.1

Perhaps try rolling back to 1.9

It sounds like 1.9 is more stable. Let us know if you do this and it helps please.

Before you suggested that, I separated the objects (it was three different sized flower pots) and sliced the smallest one by itself. It seems to have printed just fine and it almost complete now.

I’ll try rolling back the firmware and printing the other two larger pots together. I’m guessing it somehow choked on a gcode file that was too large maybe??

A USB stick, that is? Or you file transferred to the touchscreen and are running directly from the touchscreen with no USB drive?

I just ask because I have run 80MB files from the touchscreen successfully, but I’ve never tried off of a USB stick, using 1.10.1

Could be a USB drive specific glitch I haven’t heard of before.

Yeah it seems to be pretty important to execute project from the machine as opposed to via luban, although i do it sometimes if i am remoting in to home cuz i didnt have time to set up the job in the morning

i have had problems with pc control / luban for print jobs and funny things occuring.

the most common problem i have is the fan never shuts off for some reason lol

No the job was executed from the machine itself. Not from Luban. So, yes, the file was transferred to the touchscreen when I started the print. Sorry for not being more clear.

Incidentally, the gcode file was just about 80MB

The small pot on it’s own finished with no issues with 1.10.1 firmware. I may just print the others on their own so as not to waste another 24 hrs of printing. However, if it was the size of the gcode file, that’s a serious issue. With a print bed as large as the A350, I have to imagine it’s not very hard to end up with gcode over 80MB.

After separating the print into smaller gcode files (printed one pot at a time), I had no issues. Even still using 1.10.1 firmware

i guess maybe it was too big but it doesnt seem like it would be. shrug

Sometimes a simple seeming object can be really complicated to slice.
Depending on how the stl was created an object like a sphere can have millions of faces.

-S

This is an ongoing issue…latest version of luban…still on latest firmware.

Sliced a model today that came out to be about 55MB. Stopped at 13%. Just stopped. No error, no warning. Bed stays on, Hotend stays on. It just stops right at that point on the print.

Printed from gcode on usb transferred to the touchscreen. I don’t trust printing in Luban over the network.

This is really getting a bit ridiculous. Large format printer that can’t seem to handle any large prints.