Snapmaker Artisan: A New Generation of 3-in-1 3D Printers

2.0 owners might be interested in learning more in this topic: We haven’t forgotten 2.0 owners! Provide some thoughts on the backward compatibility of Artisan

@jabian apparently you just got the name wrong :wink:

1 Like

There was a Roadmap and you discontinued it.

Now I am even more confused. What is this J1 we only know the "code"name of?

Started as Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jadelabo/jadelabo-j1-beautiful-powerful-and-smart-idex-3d-printer

On the Kickstarter page you can see that the campaign was done by at that time Ex-Snapmaker employees. It seems that they moved back to Snapmaker and are (at least some) now working again for that company. It seems that the product via this route also became part of the Snapmaker portfolio.

1 Like

Yes. I can confirm this.

OK, a suggestion from me:

• It is either a secret, or it is not.

I can understand the reluctance to speculate on future products for fear of losing current business, but “leaking” like this is worse. I checked the Kickstarter for J1, and it seems like it has not been a great success, neither from the delivery side, which is Laaaaaaaaate, nor the demand really, but it did provide another unwanted distraction here.

So a suggestion: I now understand the reason for the change in compatibility, but in all honesty, not all of us are that excited about a 200W CNC, so continuing to support Snapmaker 2.0 (and just as importantly, communicating that support clearly), is important.

Life these days is complicated, development is non-linear, and plans change. This is understandable. Waiting to see how the new platform’s quick-change mechanism will work. I really like the idea, I can see the challenge in robustness and accuracy though. I fail to see why the addition of an interchange plate to the current “spider” to facilitate similar functionality, even if only for printing and laser would be impossible though.

Looking forward to open communication and roadmap.

Wasn’t the laser module upgrade before the snapmaker 2 release? I was talking about things that had released after the snapmaker 2 came out. could be wrong though, it’s pretty blurry that far back.

I would expect few new modules to release for the snapmaker 2 after this machine hits the market. I wouldn’t be surprised if the dual extruder will be the last.

@Jade A revised roadmap would be swell.

Not for me, thanks. I thought SM2 would solve everything, but the fan was noisy and the laser too weak. Then upgrades for other parts were announced, very expensive too. No thanks. So I’d anticipate the same marketing strategy for the new model: push the thing out there and then cash in on the weaknesses.
ATM I’m just thinking how I can get a quieter fan for the 10w laser. I’ve already upgraded the fan in the control unit.
So confidence is pretty low after all the hassles. I wish the company spent more time on getting the software right for what we’ve got right now. Can’t even set the time on the unit to the local time zone. Silly stuff like that. Lots of bugs even in the latest Luban.

I just purchased my Snapmaker 2.0 in April of 2022. Is there going to be any kind of trade-in program to allow users to upgrade from 2.0 to Artisan?

Compared to the Snapmaker 2.0 linear module, The linear module of Artisan adopts the technology of embedded linear guide to ensure that the linear module will not lose accuracy under the condition of force and high-speed movement. As for the Z delta problem in 2.0, we have imrpoved it on Artisan, through the control the straightness and equal altitudes of the new linear module.

1 Like

Snapmaker2.0 Z delta problem with A350/A250, not Artisan!

The Z delta problem is caused by a design error in Snapmaker2.0 A350/A250.

Snapmaker needs to resolve the Z delta issue for Snapmaker2.0 holders.
The Z delta issue needs to be addressed and sold to the market.

Tilting of bets in CNC machining, etc. is a design error.

Please consider selling Artisan linear modules for SM2.

1 Like

do you have to change the “bed” when using different toolhead like 2.0? Changing toolhead was never a issue compare to different bed.

They have a quick change for the bed as well. While the toolhead quick change would work on the 2.0, the bed one won’t (and since it’s no real issue changing the toolhead) they are not backporting the toolhead quickchange to the 2.0, but the heads themselves have standard mounts that work.

thank you for the reply, any idea about the new clamping system for laser and CNC? 2.0 clamp for laser is pretty lame.

I think it’s great how no one from Snapmaker responded to this. I guess the answer is, “no, you poor individuals that purchased your Snapmaker right before we announced Artisan are stuck with what you got, unless you want to fork over the money to buy an Artisan system.”

Hi Melitta, what do you mean by equal attitudes?

Is there any update in the desired delivery date?
December is in a few days and the shipping from China will need some.
When can european customer expect their Artisan?

1 Like

Okay. Snapmaker made a last blog Update. There are already Produced artisans, but they will be shipped just end of the month. So it was absolutely waste to pre order fast to get one of the first items. It made no difference if you preorder in August or first days of November. And as a european customer i will get my shipped Order maybe in february, i mean when there ist no drunken captain blocking a canal.