Serial Connection Issue

I’m having trouble connecting to my A350 using the serial port so that I can do some calibration. Luban doesn’t seem to recognize anything. None of the commands I issue in the console get any kind of a response. Using Luban 4.6.2, and the firmware on the A350 is Snapmaker2_V1.16.7_20230727. Have tried swapping cables, rebooting both the laptop and the printer, making sure the laptop is not connected to any other WiFi, etc.

Help appreciated!

The Mini USB is where you connect it to your Computer not the full size USB A connection, also it will show up with COM no serial port

1 Like

You can also connect via wifi, the g-code console works.

Thanks but I was told to not even try to execute gcode over a WiFi connection, and to do that only over a serial connection.

Thanks. Yes, I know to use the USB-C port on the printer, not the USB-A port. I thought I might have a bad cable, but it’s one that had not been used before - and I tried 2 others as well.

Do you have the drivers from SM site installed?

-S

I don’t know if the drivers were installed, so I asked my IT guy to {re}install them. I’m still not getting a response from the console when I enter a command, so I unplugged the serial cable and reconnected via WiFi. Now all of the commands I enter return “Unknown command M92” ( or whatever other command I enter ). So I’m still stuck.

Cool, but that’s the only way I eve did it :slight_smile: no issues.
Maybe send us some screenshots of what’s happening?

USB-C is where the Controller goes … you have to use the Mini USB as WELewis mentioned