Snapmaker 2.0 Burning hot

have been trying to run a short print (4 hr) today and the tool head and whole machine is getting to hot the z axis bar is barely touch able and the x and y are so hot they will burn your hand. with in two hours each time the filament gets so hot inside the tool head it melts and gets caught in the feed wheel. I understand that it will generate heat but this is excessive! I have run 24 hr plus prints and not been able to change the tool head with in minutes of them finishing today however I had to use gloves to remove the head to clear the jam. Is the new firmware not running the internal fans or sending too much power to the motors please look into this asap, as at at this point every function I have used since the update has failed. also is there a way to roll back the update to see if that is the issue?

1 Like

@Skulldragon33, something is wrong with your controller or power supply, you should contact support. its not the firmware as i (and many others) are running the new firmware without such issues. i would not recomend you continue to run the machine in its current state out of risk of damaging it.

@JKC20 @Tracy

You can easily roll back the firmware, taking a older firmware from the forum is not a problem.

I am experiencing a similar behavior. I am doing a TPU print that suddenly stopped. The printer is housed in a enclosure, so I usually dont touch the printer while printing. However, when the TPU became wound up in the print head, i figured, that the WHOLE METAL PARTS OF THE PRINTER, are about the temperature of the heated bed!! There is cleary something wrong, any suggestions?
BTW: This is a new printer, just sold my 2.0 to get the newer one that is more silent …

Thankful for any advise on this!!!
Best, Hannes