Simplify3D Profile

Has anyone created a IDEX profile for the J1 for Simplify3D ? I see one for PETG . I use PLA PLA+ and PVA only . If not I will work on it using my XTLW 6 Climber 7 IDEX 3D Dual Extruder profiles. I sold them after two years use and switched to the J1 .

Thanks
Paul

I’m in need of the same. I reached out to Simplify3D asking for their assistance but have yet to hear back.

I’m not tech savvy enough to build one from scratch with the software.

Lets keep updating thread. Simplify usually gets back. I am going to try one of my s3d profiles on weekend that worked for the other IDEX I had.

Hi there,
there have already been activities because of the simplify slicer. That’s in the thread

a bit down - by “Deano”. He had already contacted simplify and got some answers.
I also use simplify - but I don’t have any in-depth knowledge of how to program it correctly. I assume the commands need to be adjusted. I can manage the size setting for the print bed, etc. and the parameters for the materials.
It would be great if we could share the profiles here.

2 Likes

This is a test s3d factory file I created over the past week. I have run 10 plus parts and got it right after the first 2. This is for 4.1.2 testing 5.01 now. The only issue I had was getting z set. I found 10.812 worked best on all my tests using Hatchbox PLA . The supplied PLA seemed more gummy and difficult to remove then Hatchbox. I use bed at 65 and extruder at 210 . I also only print on the glass smooth side of table. I have been doing that for two years with my old IDEX, no real problems with breaking loose during run when set correctly.

J1 s3d 4.12 Factory File Test

How did you go about setting up a printer profile in S3D?

I used the factory file from my other IDEX printer which has been running S3D for two years now. I just cleared STL files out and saved it without any part in it. That’s the file I sent the link for. You should be able to load it as a blank part and add your test part and tweak. Made about 8 good parts no issue. I just ran the S3D version 5 today and it seems to work fine. The supports are wrapping a little not important they are coming off.

Thanks IronSky,

I’ll give this profile a try this weekend.

I just received a reply from Simplify3D regarding a J1 profile…reply…“I will forward a request to the development team to integrate this printer.”