Simplify3D Profile

Has anyone created a IDEX profile for the J1 for Simplify3D ? I see one for PETG . I use PLA PLA+ and PVA only . If not I will work on it using my XTLW 6 Climber 7 IDEX 3D Dual Extruder profiles. I sold them after two years use and switched to the J1 .

Thanks
Paul

I’m in need of the same. I reached out to Simplify3D asking for their assistance but have yet to hear back.

I’m not tech savvy enough to build one from scratch with the software.

Lets keep updating thread. Simplify usually gets back. I am going to try one of my s3d profiles on weekend that worked for the other IDEX I had.

Hi there,
there have already been activities because of the simplify slicer. That’s in the thread

a bit down - by “Deano”. He had already contacted simplify and got some answers.
I also use simplify - but I don’t have any in-depth knowledge of how to program it correctly. I assume the commands need to be adjusted. I can manage the size setting for the print bed, etc. and the parameters for the materials.
It would be great if we could share the profiles here.

2 Likes

This is a test s3d factory file I created over the past week. I have run 10 plus parts and got it right after the first 2. This is for 4.1.2 testing 5.01 now. The only issue I had was getting z set. I found 10.812 worked best on all my tests using Hatchbox PLA . The supplied PLA seemed more gummy and difficult to remove then Hatchbox. I use bed at 65 and extruder at 210 . I also only print on the glass smooth side of table. I have been doing that for two years with my old IDEX, no real problems with breaking loose during run when set correctly.

J1 s3d 4.12 Factory File Test

How did you go about setting up a printer profile in S3D?

I used the factory file from my other IDEX printer which has been running S3D for two years now. I just cleared STL files out and saved it without any part in it. That’s the file I sent the link for. You should be able to load it as a blank part and add your test part and tweak. Made about 8 good parts no issue. I just ran the S3D version 5 today and it seems to work fine. The supports are wrapping a little not important they are coming off.

Thanks IronSky,

I’ll give this profile a try this weekend.

I just received a reply from Simplify3D regarding a J1 profile…reply…“I will forward a request to the development team to integrate this printer.”

1 Like

IronSky,

Did you also test the copy, mirror functions? When I tested this on your profile the right extruder didn’t function.

No I did not . I do not use that. YOu can create a right extruder with the same setting as the left. Just a different tool ID

Okay, I’ve got my Snapmaker J1 printing with g-code sliced with Simplify3D by looking at the CURA settings and setting up a rudimentary Tool Change script.

;— Start G-code Begin —
M104 S[extruder0_temperature] ;Set Hotend Temperature
M140 S[bed0_temperature] ;Set Bed Temperature
G28 ;Home
G1 Z0.8
M109 S[extruder0_temperature]
M190 S[bed0_temperature]
G1 Z0.8 F6000
M201 X10000 Y10000 Z500 E5000
M205 V5
G92 E0
G1 F200 E2
G92 E0
;— Start G-code End —

;— Tool Change G-code Begin —
{IF NEWTOOL=0}G0 F10000 X342; park right extruder
{IF NEWTOOL=1}G0 F10000 X-14; park left extruder
;— Tool Change G-code End —

It works but there are two issues:
At the start of the print is automatically starts the Tool change script and as T0 is the current and most likely the new tool, it executes the code to move the left extruder to the right before it starts the print.
At a tool change there is no z-hop so the nozzle can scrape the printed surface.

I’ve got no experience in setting up conditional scripts so if someone with more knowledge about this can help me with this I would appreciate it.

It appears that I cannot upload my printer profile at this moment as I am a new member…

Great news for Simplify3D users. Since their reinvigoration and update to V5 they are also offering great support. I reached out to their Support Centre for how to set up a profile for J1 and they were helpful with the following response:

The scripts that they’re utilizing seem to park the extruder using G0 commands. Which in my opinion is not the safest option. But if that is required by the printer’s firmware then you will need to recreate what they’re doing there.

So for right extruder only the above script becomes as follows:

G0 F10000 X342 ; park right extruder

G28 Y0 ; home Y axis

M84 ; disable motors

M140 S0 ; turn off heated bed

M104 S0 T0 ; turn off extruder 0

M104 S0 T1 ; turn off extruder 0

M106 S0 ; turn off fan

And for left extruder only:

G0 F10000 X-14 ; park left extruder

G28 Y0 ; home Y axis

M84 ; disable motors

M140 S0 ; turn off heated bed

M104 S0 T0 ; turn off extruder 0

M104 S0 T1 ; turn off extruder 0

M106 S0 ; turn off fan

So, in addition to the above the only other thing you would have to set up in the Simplify3D profile is the print area size.
My main problem is that although they have provided me a response/information, I do not know how to enter this information in Simplify3D printer configuration :frowning:

Hi all, nice topic.
While I was printing the flow calibration cube with the left nozzle, I noticed that before printing it went all the way to the far right and then it went back to the center and started printing normally.
This seemed strange to me so I started investigating the g-code created with Simplify3D (version 5.1, just downloaded and installed): I realized that before printing there was a line like this:
" G1 X338.28 F7200" which corresponds to the movement
I saw of the left extruder which moved all the way to the right.
From what I understand in the “Configuration Assistant”, choosing the Snapmaker J1, S3D set the left extruder as “T0” and the right as “T1”: I reversed them, so the left “T1” and the right" T0" and in the simulation it seems to be fine…
Has this happened to anyone? how did you solve it?