Requirement for svg file export from Adobe Illustrator

re: Snapmaker Luban 3.13.1 on Mac OS Big Sur

I’m going crazy. I have a text only file in illustrator - Illustrator 2021 (v 25.1). The text has been converted to outlines. When I export as a .svg file Snapmaker Luban will not open the file - it remains greyed out in the open file dialog box.

I have also tried to save it as a .svg file from Photoshop. I have converted to a .png and .tif file format. Snapmaker Luban will not open any format.

Does anyone have any ideas. Are there any special export requirements from Illustrator that need to be considered such as imbed fonts, imbed image, etc.

Note that Luban does not have the font I need; it does not use all the system fonts; and the ability to add a font to Snapmaker Luban as in prior versions seems to have been removed.

Thanks for considering an answer.

I think the “open file” is for gcode and the like.

i was able to generate a quick SVG, click the “add” button from the laser screen and double click the file to open it in luban without any issue.

are you using the “add” button?

you are right tho, you need to convert text to lines

No. Someone on FB Snapmaker Support corrected me. I was trying to use the “File -> Open” sequence. Add works just fine although the size of the text changes which is a bummer.

I still do not understand why I am limited to 125mm width when etching when the device is much wider. At least that is what Luban (latest version) is telling me.

Thanks for the response.

Ignore the warning. It’s a bug. Think it’s left over from SM original bed size.
(assuming you have Luban set to correct machine size)
-S

Hmmm That raises another question. I see no place in Luban to select the machine in use. I figured that Snapmaker Luban -> Preferences would be the place to start however clicking on Preferences does absolutely nothing. I looked (or tried to look) in the manual to no avail. Is there actually a place to set the target machine?

It used to be under Settings (the gear icon at bottom-left) -> Machine Settings

Not exactly intuitive, but I’ve got it. I do wish the user manual was more user friendly and contained a usable index.

Thank you!

If you look next to Snapmaker in top right it shows the machine. If it’s wrong click on it and it will give you selection.

-S

Thanks! That solves one more problem!