Surface imperfections

Hi, I have a snap maker F350, it worked fine for a long time but now I’m finding that the top layer have little holes (see the attached picture). I’ve found out that this problem is called pillowing and that it’s probably caused by the incorrect cooling of the layers but luban doesn’t have a cooling option. I know I can manually change de g code but even if it works I feel that it’s not the solution i’m looking for because it used to work just fine. Does anyone knows why this holes appear on the snapmaker?
20220928_150613

Those pillows happen where the top layer doesn’t bridge correctly over the infill.

There’s a couple of options, and I usually do a mix of

1. Increase the infill
  2. Decrease the layer thickness
  3. Increase the top surface thickness
  4. Add some more airflow to the room

It also seems like fresh filament works better, but I haven’t taken the time to prove it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I’ve notice that the problem was getting worse so I print again the same part and it doesn’t look like just a top surface problem anymore. Does anyone knows why this happens?

The parte is also really fragile

Given that you’re not even getting a solid first layer, it looks like underextrusion.

Defintely some extrustion problems, which would likely make the bridging problems much worse.

That first layer should be solid and connected. You should be able to stop the print as soon as the first layer is done, and peel it off the bed. If you can’t, might as well stop the print.

I see some under-extrusions, but also some variable extrusion. The extra holey upper right have problems in multiple layers. By chance is your filament binding so that the extruder can’t pull it freely?