Quick Swap Kit and Dual Extrusion Module Won't Calibrate

I purchased and installed the QSK last night. Today I tried to calibrate with the dual extrusion module. It would not run the leveling routine…kept saying to check that I had the tool head mounted in the right screw locations. After fiddling with it for over an hour I installed the original single extruder. No problem. Please fix this.

What firmware are you on? 18.1? DDid you use the screw holes in the top right of the dual extruder to mount it? Did you install the QSK tool holder in the bottom screws on the top row of the rail and top holes on the bottom row? There is a picture in the QSK PDF that shows how the QSK mounts to it. Did you turn on the ‘quick swap installed’ feature inside the SM2 controller?

You didn’t really tell us anything to help you troubleshoot. I spent an hour yesterday setting it up after using my laser all month… all user error things.

There was a software input asking if your tool was mounted with screws or the quick connect kit… without that input it doesn’t know which way to handle your tool and defaults to the original screw-on method. I received that query first time I turned it on after upgrading… don’t know how you subsequently input that data. But I will have to find out since I just ordered the quick connect kit. Someone knows.

1 Like

You will find it in the settings menu :v:.

Thank you!

I will add that the UI on the Snapamaker for this setting is terrible. Snapamaker need to work on this in my view.

1 Like

It’s just a bug. Front screen is best.