Please shut down the machine and check if you've attached the toolhead throught the correct screw holes as instructed in the Quick Start

After updating to firmware v1.15.21, I can’t calibrate the print head Z axis (dual extruder) any more.
It stops calibrating with an error message
Please shut down the machine and check if you've attached the toolhead throught the correct screw holes as instructed in the Quick Start

Someone knows how to fix it?
… I haven’t changed the mounting in any way since the update.

For now, I’ve reverted to FW 1.15.15.

This may seem snarky, but I’m not trying to be.

Are you sure you’ve attached the toolhead through the correct screw holes?

Because some of the updates to the firmware over the last few versions is to add more self-checks.
So if you had something installed incorrectly or there was some sort of an issue with a component, it might now be showing an error message where it wasn’t before.

Might also help to unplug and replug (with machine off) all your cables to make sure they’re correctly seated.

-S

1 Like

Same. It’s not in the right holes.

Thank you @sdj544, this makes sense.
If there have been additional checks implemented, I can understand the behavior.

I have the quick tool change mount attached (see here: snapmaker 2.0 quick tool changer by fips - Thingiverse). This gives about 10mm of additional distance between the tool head and the mount.

But honestly, the quick tool change is such a convenience, I rather keep it than upgrade the firmware…
Nevertheless, I’ll try different variants of mounting the quick changer and see what it does. I might report back.

-m3

The fact that you’ve been using a different mounting system is a little piece of info you might want to have shared. Help us help you.
-S

I had the same message and like others, the problem for me was that I had the dual extrusion print head installed incorrectly.

Initially, I was only looking at which bracket mounting holes were correct, but as it turns out there are two sets of screw holes on the back of the print head, and I had used the wrong set. This is clearly shown in the quick start guide, but I overlooked the second diagram showing the holes to use on the print head, I was just looking at the bracket holes diagram, and I did not look further. Once I moved the head to use the correct set of holes, the calibration worked fine.

Hopefully this helps someone like me that missed the fact that there are two sets of screw holes on the dual extrusion print head.