Print Stops and Homes prior to Completion or fails to even start

Any resolution to the following:

Print begins and after only a few rows the printer stops and goes to home. If a print is cancelled or paused the machine must be power cycled to print again. I have used all three modules successfully starting with the 3D printer, then CNC, then Laser, and this is the first attempt to 3D print after switching from the laser.

Machine: Snapmaker 2.0 A350 w/ enclosure
Filament: Original from Snapmaker

Things I have tried:

Updated firmware from 1.8.x to Current
Removed and reattached all cables
Attached Laser module, power cycle then re-attach 3D module
Wi-fi transfer to handheld
Print from USB
Re-compile GCode
Tried Cura and Luban (same model different files)
Changed model to be printed

Print does either of the following:

Bed and Nozzle will heat, a few layers will print and then the machine will return to home position.
Print head and bed never move to starting position, nozzle and bed will heat and once reaching temps, the set temps go to zero and will remain for at least several minutes until I attempt to cancel which will then freeze the handheld screen and require a power cycle.

My last step was the firmware update.

Try to connect a terminal like luban with usb connection (serial) and watch what happens in the terminal when you print from the touchscreen.

I guess your thermistor is loose or a cable is outside the connector, which would cause a thermal runaway protection.

Thank you!! I removed the hot end and found the heat sensor just barely inside the heat block. And now that I think about it, the indication this was probably the cause is that the heating temps would jump and fall by 10-20 degrees as it was heating up and not consistent rising.

I have found the temps to be very stable on the 2 successive prints since I corrected the problem.

1 Like