Print head not centered

Thanks. I did what you suggested and installed 1.9 and its running perfectly again!

edit:

i did do a calibration again before changing software and the nozzle was right at the edge of the bed. when it started but seemed like it didnt want to go all the way to the end of its x axis.

I think I’ve decided the three most important things to tell people who are having problems are:
Throw away the SM filament
Calibrate your extruder
And install firmware V1.9.

-S

1 Like

@sdj544, I applaud your assistance in this forum. I love the things you’ve built and shared.

I don’t agree with your recommendation and here is why.

According to the Kickstarter page today there are 7388 backers on Kickstarter, as far as I can tell, each of those users received a unit. Since then units have also been sold to people via the SnapMaker store, I was one of them. Plenty of those units have been shipped, built and are in operation.

I receive an email for every unfiltered post on this forum (until it hits the daily 100 email limit, which seems to be happening more regularly). That means that the information below isn’t exact, since I don’t have all the messages, but it’s a good indication of what’s going on.

The discussions on this forum over the past 5 months shows posts by 954 individuals. Even if every one of those people was a backer, and they’re not, and every one of those people had a problem, and they don’t, the total number of people with issues across the Kickstarter population alone would be 12%.

There are 8911 posts from this forum in my mailbox. Of those, there are 894 messages that contain the word “filament” at least once, 627 with the word “firmware” and 1066 with the partial word “calibrat”.

Those topics are discussed across a total of 2264 messages (25%) by 405 different people. This means that 549 people are not discussing those terms in this forum. It also means that the 405 people who are, represent 5% of the Kickstarter population if all the posters here are from there and they aren’t.

I think that there is plenty of scope for providing assistance, but giving out the advice you’re proposing is in my opinion not helpful.

1 Like

It was half in jest, but there’s a lot of truth to it.
I prefaced it by stating it was advice for “people who are having problems” which is 100% of your 12%.
You’re also not including the people on the Facebook groups (which I’m very active on) that repeatedly have problems that can be solved by these three suggestions.

The only advice that might be considered controversial is recommending going back to V1.9. But the overall consensus is that it’s the most stable. And as demonstrated in @bl89 's case, fixed his problem.

I probably should’ve included ‘show us pictures so we can check your assembly’.

-S

3 Likes