Poll: SM2/Artisan Dual Extruder: Problems or not?

Hi all,
I’m curious if the heat creep/filament clog problems many here report/suffer from are just a small group’s problem, or if it is rather everyone being hit?

Please answer the following poll, considering prints that use both nozzles and need at least 2 hours of printing time:

• No problems with long dual nozzle prints
  • Filament stops extruding from the LEFT nozzle at some point
  • Filament stops extruding from the RIGHT nozzle at some point
  • Filament stops extruding from ONE OR THE OTHER nozzle at some point
  • Other problems that repeatedly spoil long prints (please write a reply to specify)

0 voters

Thanks!

N.B.: for a bit of background, this thread my be a good read: Dual Extrusion Head: Heat creep discussion thread - also this is helpful: Artisan - Dual 3D - Consistent Left Side Fail - Need Expert Eyes

1 Like

While I did suffer from the Extruder Buckle Clamping Force issue Extruder Buckle Clamping Force Issue I did not suffer from heat creep.

I feel like in Facebook group there were more people complaining about dual extruder issues the here.

1 Like

There’s a big group here too. The forums just don’t get checked much. The more telling thing is that everyone is having problems with it.

It sounds like the new door is the fix.

A similar poll on Facebook indeed has a larger response, and more owners without problems:

grafik

The 47% translate to 21 owners reporting no systematic problems.
Makes me wonder what exactly is different in those units that fail?

It could be first production batches when they did they dial in the tooling and assembly…