PEI Platform for A350

8 Months ago we were told on youtube that Snapmaker was working on this platform for PETG printing. Has there been any progress made?

I would say snapmaker likely would just resell from the other many manufacturers in China. Personally, I bought the double sided (one side smooth pei, other side textured powder coat pei) on AliExpress for about 60 dollars. Brand is energetic, and for the most part I treat it like my prusa plates. PLA and ASA on smooth, PETG and TPU on the textured and it’s been great. I’ve never used the stock sheet that came with the machine.

Saw that Energetic PEI bed on Aliexpress. Did you have to do anything special to get it to auto-level on your machine?

No, it’s spring steel as well, so the sensor sees it fine. Also, it comes with a sticky magnetic sheet, which you do not need since the heatbed is already magnetic, I have it stuck to my fridge so I can plunk things on it reverse-fridge-magnet style.

what size did you get? which machine to you have?

I have the A350.

This was my first petg test, self releases when cools down as expected. Also flex works great too as follows.

Very nice. Looks like you got the textured sheet for PETG. Was the PEI preapplied to the spring steel or did you need to do that yourself?

It’s already powdercoated directly to the steel, the other side has a smooth pei sticker, also already applied.

Here’s a project I’m working on, but it shows the smooth side. It’s like having the best of both worlds in one sheet. Use and care are exactly like my Prusa smooth/textured sheets, they’re just on the same sheet. To anyone that decides to get them, wash them first with hot water and plain dawn.

Hehehe. I meant what size bed sheet did you get. I can find any the same size as the a350.

I would contact Wham Bam Systems as well, but they don’t currently have anything that is the exact size of the Snapmaker as of yet. I use their flex sheets on my Ender 5 Plus (PEX smooth & PEI double sided powder coat), Elegoo Mars Pro, and my Elegoo Saturn.

The bed size for the A350 is approximately 334mm (X) by 364mm (Y), so you need a sheet that size or larger. Some people have had ok success with the ENERGTIC, while others haven’t, so I can’t attest either way for them.

Should be the 335x365.

Thanks for the info. Can you please post the Aliexpress link to the one you bought as I also have an A350 and would like to buy the same one.

This is the one I ordered.

Thanks! I will buy one as I find it is tough removing PETG from the original sheet that comes with the A350 unless you use some sort of glue stick.

I do not understand I have done a lot of PETG, more than anything else with stock bed sheet on my A350.
I have never had any issues that it sticks to the bed.
I use a little baby powder on the bed sheet before printing.

I just bought the Energetic PEI board for A350.
I want to share my experiences with PETG filament.

Bad adhesion without heat bed

Better adhesion but not good enough

Native heat bed still better

I am getting better results with the native bed by adding a little offset 0.05mm from my calibration settings (when card starts to ripple on forward push). Haven’t received the new PEI bed, but for now there is no need for it.

I wasn’t aware that there would be a problem. Recently got some PETG (actually directly from Snapmaker) and printed on my A350 without any issues.

So I decided to reach out to Wham Bam about the PEI sheet cuz the ENERGTIC one is going to take at least a month to get to me from China. Wham Bam got back to me and said that if at least 20 people show interest then they’ll look into producing that size. You can fill out their form Here to request the size for a snapmaker. I’ve filled one out for the A350

1 Like