New snapmaker 2 not working

So I recently bought a snapmakrt f350 as an upgrade to my original. Just finished putting it all together, turned it on and none of the linear modules seem to work.

When I try to use the auto calibration it just says there was an error, when I try to “jog” to move the module nothing seems to move.

I’ve checked I used the right linear modules in the right positions…I’ve unplugged and replaced cables…anyone have any ideas I was really excited to get my first print running on this today.

Did you check for a firmware upgrade?

First thing I did was update firmware over wi fi, saying the 3DP module needs an update but sure that shouldn’t stop the linear modules in all 3 directions from moving?

When you start up the machine and go to control to jog it around, does it home first? Does it move then, or do you already get some kind of warning?

When I go to jog it doesn’t move at all, whether I do it manually or press home.

Just did a firmware update from a USB which removed the “3dp module using out of date firmware error” but still no movement from any linear module

There’s also no warnings the onky time I get an issue is when I try to use the calibrate, Nd it just says “something went wrong during calibration…”

If non of the linear modules do anything there might be an issue with the controller.
You could try to connect to it using Luban (use the USB cable to connect it to your laptop) and try if you can move anything by issuing Gcode commands and getting status messages. Not sure if you jog around using Luban if you get error messages or not.

If you don’t get anything up & running you could try to update the firmware again but update it from a USB drive in stead of using the wireless option.

And finally contact snapmaker support directly.

@Brownie did you check to make sure that you have the linear modules matched properly? There are 2 different linear modules, those with an 8mm lead for the Z axis, and those with a 20mm lead for the X and Y axis. If they are mixed, the Snapmaker will display an error, and you will not be able to use them. Also, check the splitters, to make sure that they are wired correctly.

If it still doesn’t work after checking all of this, then you’ll need to open a ticket with Support.

Thanks for the help, I’ve checked the modules are all right (20mm for x and y modules, 08mm for z) I’ll connect. Did a USB update but no joy, I’ll try it through the laptop tomorrow and if no luck guess I’ll just have to wait for a reply to my email.

depends on whether it upgraded the linear units correctly, via serial do an M1999 and check the versions read as Recv: Module 0x00C7D9F8: v1.11.4 and that it sees XYZ and linear units.

Hi, I did an update from USB as well which removed that error but next time I have it fired up I’ll take a look to check the modules are showing they’re updated correctly too.

So in update to this. After finally convincing tech support I’d put it together right they think tone if the z axis are broken and are sending a new one…Will update again once it arrives and I’ve tried it.