New dual extruder

I see we can buy the extruder modules with different size nozzles. Can we change those ourselves on the nozzles that come with the dual extruder? I cant see buying an extruder nozzle for $50 just to change the nozzle size.

Already been discussed.

Would be nice if you had pointed me to the discussion.

I don’t understand why people have to be so nasty. If you don’t want to answer the question, then don’t leave a friggin comment!!! Move on with your life instead of being a d**k.

Here ya go…not sure if your question is answered there, but that’s the FAQ that SM put out.

Thank you for your reply. I agree with your comment. All I see in he store is new hot ends that have different size nozzles. The FAQ doesn’t state whether those are just the nozzles or the complete hot end. I would like to be able to just change the nozzle. Each hot end with a different size nozzle is $50 in the store. You can buy a complete set of different size nozzles for less than that on Amazon.

2 Likes

From what I’ve been able to gather, you can change the nozzle size without changing the whole hot end. And that’s not too bad considering a new hot end on amazon is only about $10 bucks so you can theoretically have a different hot end for each nozzle size you’d like to use. I’m gonna see if I can find the link for that as I remember seeing it somewhere.

It’s in this thread.

Ok thanks. I searched but didn’t find anything except for what you showed me.

~WRD0000.jpg

As an additional note, they mentioned that changing the nozzle size on a hotend will mess with Luban autodetecting the nozzle size for each extruder. I don’t think this would be an issue unless you print over the USB cable via Luban, but it’s worth mentioning regardless.

Here is another post discussing the Dual Extrusion Printing Module for Snapmaker 2.0.

What has been asked but not answered is whether the nozzles on the dual extruder hotends can be changed independent of swapping the whole end. However, there are no nozzles for sale separately on the snapmaker website. But if you look at the first image on the hotend product page, you will notice that the nozzle size is printed at the top of the part. This means that the nozzle size is encoded into the hotend, and this is how the auto-detection works. You can likely change a worn nozzle with the same size but you cannot change the nozzle for a different size. This is the answer the OP was asking for. If my understanding is incorrect, feel free to correct me.

2 Likes