Need ideas to correct printing issues I'm currently seeing

@xchrisd, @NilartPax,

Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for providing me your knowledge, resources, precious and valuable time in helping me learn how to overcome the issues that were plaguing me. You two are an asset to this form and exemplify the maker community at it’s best!

This is the level of printing I can achieve now, with the understanding I still have a lot to learn on my journey into 3d printing;

The print on top was sliced in Cura while the bottom one was sliced in SMjs. The SMjs print has an expectable seam but I was experiencing a gap that I was unable to resolve that ran vertically through out the part.

At Chris’s urging I switched to Cura and that’s when I was able to understand the importance of what a difference a good slicer makes. At the level it was able to produce shows me there is hope for me yet but may not be able to improve on it much more, due not only my level of experience but the limits of what of what the printer itself can produce.

I am now working with the AIO 3D PRINTER TEST to see if I can fine tune it any further.

Thank you again for talking me off the ledge and from becoming tunnel visioned with believing what I was seeing was all electrically induced and opening my mind to what was actually happening, operator error due to lack of experience and knowledge.

With that said, I will mark this post solution and move forward with my journey in 3D printing a little better prepared thanks to your efforts.

Stay safe in these troubling times as it will be the greatest test of our humanity, however with individuals such as yourselves I fair we will make though this ok and come out for the better as a race on the other side.

Robb

Glad you are experimenting! Yes, Snapmaker slicing software is simplified for beginning users. It seems to be some sort of shell of cura. I really wish they had an “advanced mode” that unlocked more of the tools.

Just curious, did you try increasing extrusion?

Your Printer Test seems for me to be too hot printed (Or to less cooled) .- I check my filament print temps with temp tower:
thingiverse is busy now, or my browser is lazy, here is my gcode:
Temp_Tower_0,4Nozzle_190-225GradC_30mm-s.gcode (1.3 MB)

At the snapmaker original i “couldn´t” cool the print area, you should do some experimenting, especially at tiny print-parts.

your testprint “ring” says to me, you are trying to print too much walls.- in simplify3d there is an option which is called “allow gaps to be filled”.- if in cura there is no such option you could try it with more extrusion or less walls, maybe more infill.

Thanks for the flowers! You are welcome!

Hi,
I just received my printer and have been playing with it.
It prints fairly well in most aspects, but I think I’m seeing something that you had as well.
I printed the same test article that you posted and I think I’m getting the same deformation at around the 50 degree mark.
I’m still playing with it, but were you able to correct this anomaly in yours?

Thanks!