Deformed 3D print

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction as to what is happening with my prints at the moment.
Please see below an image of the issue I am currently having and I was wondering if anyone can please help me out.

Thanks HEAPS in advance,
K

Maybe its an cooling issue…
What is your Layersize?
What is your line width?

Hi Jwillew,

I have not changed any fan settings so I am not sure it is that and it seems to be functioning ok.
0.15 is the layer height and 0.4 wide.
It’s strange inside the print is ok but the outside is a problem.

I am not really sure, but maybe you could try to change the width to 0,35.
Maybe the lines would “overextrude” a litte bit and the strengh of connection of each wall increases.

To me, it looks a bit like backlash: Backlash 101 - Micro Series My A350 is developing this currently also, I see my round holes in prints deform into ovals. This is most likely because something in the linear modules comes loose and needs retightening - there are several videos and threads on how to do this. Have this on my near term to-do list.
I usually kick my A350 to run at 100 mm/s or sometimes even 120 mm/s - I guess that speeds up the deterioration…

How long do you got your SM?

I got mine during Kickstarter campaign, but I’m a lazy hobbyist, so I use it only ever once in a while. So I’ve thrown perhaps a dozen laser jobs at it, half a dozen milling jobs and perhaps 3-4 kg of filament have gone through the print head. However, the wear seems to occur for people at different times - some users have used their A350 24/7 and had it after years, others had it after a few days…

I heard it for the first time! Thanks :slight_smile:

Did you calibrate the extruder? I can see severe under extrusion throughout the entire print.