My Snapmaker could ot work

The last problem was that I want to print a bigger figure. I start the print, the base plate was printed and I leave the house. As I come back 8 hours later only little layer where printed. But the head seems that it was printed without filament and it smels a little.
Now I could press start . With the file mesage google_app_measurement.db is displaying

I could do home but for pressing the calibration it says No tool head detected.
What can I do ?
Please help!

Honestly it sounds like your print module fried itself. Since it was already actively printing we can rule out reversed connections. Contact support to get a replacement, and emphasize that it needs to be the 2.5 module that has the upgraded vents and extruder gears. Did you check to make sure all connections were solid with no cables loose?

Contact support@snapmaker.com and send some video or images to them. Support agent will help you troubleshoot.

Edwin

I get the information from the zen desk but I could not do what they recommended.

Zero (Snapmaker)
May 14, 2021, 15:29 GMT+8

Hi, Christoph Sobotta,

Thanks for contacting us. We sincerely apologize for the late response.

It seems like one of the modules is affecting the detection of the machine.

Please follow the below instruction to locate the defective one.
Note: When you change the connection, please make sure you have powered off the machine.

1. Turn off the machine.

2. Unplug the 3DP module from the controller and then turn on the machine.

I have done but the axes make at the beginning a Home Run and there is no endswitch stopping the movement at the end of the Z - Axe

1. Connect the machine with the Luban and use the M1005 Macro.
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-15 at 15.16.34

In my Macro I have no visible Ms1005 . Nothing is shown

1. Check and see how many modules start with 0x003, it should match how many linear modules you have.​​

*** could not follow to this hints ***

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-15 at 15.16.33

1. If the number matches your linear modules, then might be the 3DP module is defective or the tool-head cable.
    If not, please keep going through steps 6 to 7 to make sure the 3DP module is intact.

2. Unplug all the linear modules from the controller and plug back the 3DP module.

3. Turn on the machine to see if the machine can detect the 3DP module.

• If the machine cannot detect the 3DP module, turn off the machine and swap the tool-head cable with Y-axis or the Z-axis converter one.

Turn on the machine and see if it can be detected.

May be in this forum I could get the answer why my endswitches are not working and therefor I could not find out what is the reason. of blocking.
Thank you .
Many greetings
Christoph

Our colleague will help you out as Zero Zhao is emailing you. Please let him know the problem you have.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Edwin

HI Edwin, I have the same message, google_app_measurement_db.

I have not been able to use the machine since I got it in September 2020. A month ago I tested the provided file for a phone stand and it worked like a charm.

I have just started to figure out how carving works out on wood. The print and laser modules are still in the box they were delivered in.

The machine worked OK yesterday and I managed to V Carve some letters. Roughly 5 hours of carving with a V bit.

Today I used Fusion 360 and created a file that I transfered to the SM 350 with a USB key.

It worked so far as I came to the point to make the final check and press "run boundaries”. That is when the screen showed the Google thingy message. While this message is showing it is not possible to see any of the files on the local storage. I can view files on the USB but the file I transferred to the USB is no longer visible. Other files stored on the USB key are still visible.

I shut down the Snapmaker and did the same thing again with the same result.

So I started Luban, clicked the create text button and sent the text “Snapmaker” to the machine. Worked without any issues.

I am assuming that I went a bit too far as a newbie and did not send a correct file from Fusion 360 to Snapmaker. I any case this google_app_measurement.db is not only related to printing but also carving.

Should I be worried that there is an issue with the machine/software or just accept that the learning curve is steep and long?

Have a nice day, Pär

Are you using the appropriate file types for each toolhead?
Cnc needs to end in .cnc
3D in .gcode
laser in .nc
Otherwise the SM will ignore the files.
Also, some people have reported the provided usb drive dying.
Try a different drive formatted as fat32
-S

1 Like

Thank you, @sdj544

@Theebarseven You need to pay attention to the suffix of the filenames.

Filename examples:
CNC 1614436650430_55939051.cnc
3D printing xyzCalibration_cube_08908039.gcode
Laser greyscale.nc

Yes, I am not sure about the first file I used because there was a c missing at the end which I added manually.

The setup you have done with Fusion 360 also automatically gives you the CNC ending if you point correctly to the config file you have worked out.

It also forces you to use a number in the name if that would have been an issue.

You don’t happen to have a configuration file or example for the V Carve bit 30 degrees that you provide with the pack of three bits? I learn by trial and error so tried to modify a chamfer bit to fit the V Carve in Fusion 360.

Will try to find a USB key and make sure it is formatted in FAT32 although if the files are visible it should not be a problem but you never know.

Next step is the KISSS principle and take just one letter in a standard font, use one of the bits you have predefined for Fusion 360, make sure I have a functional USB and slowly work my way through the settings. I’ll let you know when (if) I worked it out.

Thanks for the the quick return.

Pär